GP100 10mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
I bought the new GP100 in 10mm yesterday. I love the GP100, this makes my third one. I'm taking it to the range today and know I will have a lot of fun!!! I'll let you all know how it went.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Go ahead and acquire some more moon clips. I have 33 moon clips with mine and can load up 198 rounds at one time and shoot more at the range instead of loading clips or get a wooden dowel to knock out the empties if you are not using clips. You'll love the GP-100. With full power loads, it's between the 357 and the 41 Magnum, both of which are stout to start with. With the appropriate moon clips, one can shoot 40's as well. If only they would make the same gun in 41 special. Bob!! :)

JStacy

Blackhawk
How did the 10 mm MC shoot ? I bought one but health problems and weather has kept me away from the range . How did yours shoot what ammo did you try ? Reloads ? Thanks Jim

rangerbob

Buckeye
Mine shoots where you aim it, like shooting a GP-100 with 357's . I noticed little difference between 10's and 40's. I have yet to shoot any really hot 10mm's, but the GP is up to the task. Bob! :mrgreen:

JStacy

Blackhawk
Ranger , that is an answer but I was hoping for something a little more technical. Than you for responding.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Jim, sorry I could not be more technical. Years ago I'd got out the chronograph, shot at least 10 test loads, with 5 different bullets, etc. Now due to work, my health, and bad weather, I hardly get to shoot, even with a indoor range departmental membership card in my pocket. I did requalify 2 co workers Friday, but did not shoot any myself. I do believe that you will be pleased with the GP-100 in 10mm. AS one who carried a revolver on duty for most of my uniform career, I would not hesitate to carry the 10mm as a duty gun in lieu of my M19 S&W. Bob!! :D

JStacy

Blackhawk
Thanks Bob ! like I said in the beginning health and weather has kept me in the house and away from the range. I have a 5" Mod 610 of 1989 and a Rock island in 10 MM but just happen to like Ruger GP100, so I bought another 10 MM. Be safe on duty my friend there are a lot of bad people out there now with no respect for the law or officers.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Jim, I deal with convicted felons on a daily basis as the case manager for 2 programs my agency has administration over. Now I help folks get out of jail instead of putting them in there. Bob! 8)

32magfan

Blackhawk
I went Black Friday shopping with Mrs. Magfan yesterday. We stopped first at "our" favorite jewelry store in the mall. One hour and chunk of annual bonus later and we leave for 3 hours while they re-size it for her finger. They were nice enough to size another finger for the other band she was considering also (so I can buy that later).

Meanwhile I get to be turned loose in Bud's !!! I found a GP100 Match Champion in 10mm used for $110 under the price of a new one. It even had all the papers in the box and an extra set of moon clips (6 total). I am happy. Now if it was better weather so I could go shoot it!!

Thanks,
32Magfan

10MMGary

Single-Sixer
Mine arrived today and is now in my hands(so pardon the typos) I had the S&W 610 Classic but only used one sized moon clip for both 40S&W & 10MM auto. Anyone here have the story(if one)on the need or not for special moon clips for 40S&W ? I am a happy man and will be able to put a box of various brands of 10MM ammo to get an idea what she likes. I have about 250 rds of .40 and a stockpile of factory 10MM so not really an issue if I need different moon clips. FWIW CDNN Sports has them for $599.99 & $4.99 S&H
GP10MM-2.jpg

GP10MM.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I'm using the same moon clips for my Ruger as I do for my S&W 646 in 40 S&W. They are made by Ranch Products! HOWEVER,, I have had a few misfires,, that when inspected, had light primer strikes. I use WW primers a lot,, AND I also occasionally have light strikes in my S&W as well.

Hunter6657

Single-Sixer
I bought one of the CDNN Ruger GP100 10mm MC and it's a great shooter.
I ordered some Ranch Products clips and they work great for 10mm or 40. I didn't have any misfires with 40 S&W ammo. I did have problems trying to put 40 ammo in the clips from some manufacturer's as it seems the rim groove is fatter on some makes and I couldn't snap them in using finger pressure. A mooner/demooner tool would enable use of any brand of ammo. I had no problems snapping 10mm ammo in the clips by hand.
I did notice that without using the clips it's easy to eject the casings on 10mm using your fingernails or the rim of a 10mm case, so no dowel ejector was needed.
I really like this revolver and it shoots great with 10mm or 40. You can get some great deals on 40 ammo since new shooters seem to go for the 9mm and the 40 ammo is languishing on the shelves.

JStacy

Blackhawk
I have a MC10 also and plan to load some 40S&W a little longer than the recommended OAL to cut down on the bullet jump with lead bullets. 5.0/231/180 swaged Hornady will do 800 or so , plenty for plinking. Hotter stuff in 10MM cases and JHP will be used for hunting duties.