RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:46 pm 
Buckeye

I shoot my BH mostly & clean it about ever 500 rounds as the bullet lube tends to make removal of the base pin difficult after that.

Just as The Sun Went Down
https://youtu.be/0WLtYgivQsU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:20 am 
Single-Sixer

Once there shot they get cleaned, every Christmas time they come out of the safe, wiped down, re-oiled and put back to sleep.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:53 am 
Newly Registered

hittman wrote:
I only clean my guns after I shoot them; every time.

Many times when I can’t get out to shoot, I pull out a firearm I haven’t used in a while and go through the cleaning process on this already clean gun.
This usually reminds me why I bought it and stimulates me into using it again.

I usually fire black powder in my NV’s, BP cleans up so much easier and faster than nitro powder fouling.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:34 pm 
Blackhawk

Mine're all wiped down after each range session, 20 rounds or 120, makes no difference...and as my range here on the farm is just out the back door, that makes it easy...and I do brush/wipe out the bores as well, with the exception of my .22's. Those that are rifles get their bolt faces wiped down with a toothbrush, but I never brush nor wipe them out until accuracy tapers off. The pistols, however, need a brush out to keep the cylinder gunk under control, and I push a nylon brush through the bore as well.

Old habits for sure, but I've never had a gun malfunction due to crud build up either. Rod

Thank a Vet for your freedom of speech, religion, and the RIGHT and DUTY to keep and bear arms. Politicians, preachers, reporters, and community organizer's had nothing to do with it. You want change, then vote the bums out...