Range session.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I took two of my Rugers to the range this morning, despite Nita's illness, and they did me proud. This old .45 Colt Blackhawk:

And this .44 Special Flat Top:

The .45 was loaded with my handload of Winchester 572 powder, which I've been experimenting with of late. Seems to be a very good powder.

Bob Wright

SAJohn

Hunter
Bob, Shame on you, those are both new models. :)

Confession, I actually own two new models myself. I installed Super Blackhawk hammers and Iowegans extended hammer plungers on both. Even with that work, I cannot bring myself to really love them. I suspect the reasons are that the trigger location is just wrong, most do not index properly for reloading, and the lack of three clicks.. On my list is to take photos and post them.

John

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
SAJohn said:
Bob, Shame on you, those are both new models. :)

Confession, I actually own two new models myself. I installed Super Blackhawk hammers and Iowegans extended hammer plungers on both. Even with that work, I cannot bring myself to really love them. I suspect the reasons are that the trigger location is just wrong, most do not index properly for reloading, and the lack of three clicks.. On my list is to take photos and post them.

John

Oh, I've got Three Screws:

Bob Wright

Latest posts