RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SP101 in 9MM
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:59 pm 
Single-Sixer

I had one and sold it. The novelty wore off and I wasn’t a huge moonclip fan. I wrote that once on another forum and was flamed for daring to speak negatively about moon clips by one of the forum “experts”. I didn’t say they were evil or inferior, just that I didn’t like messing with them :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:31 pm 
Bearcat

Grab A Gun has them for $429.

https://grabagun.com/bsearch/result/?q=sp+101

Seems to be a pretty good price.

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:44 am 
Newly Registered

I bought an SP101 in 9mm in September from Cabelas who price matched an online retailer at $425. I see now that Greentop (the biggest gun store in my area, Richmond VA) is now selling the SP101 9mm for $399. I bought mine to complement my 357 model since 9mm is still considerably less expensive than 38 if you don’t reload.

Had to send the 9mm back to Ruger for a new extractor as it would not cycle at all when loaded. As always Ruger took care of me and got it back within 10 days. Shoots great based on the short time I have had it. Accuracy has exceeded my expectations and moon clips haven’t been an issue.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:03 pm 
Hunter

I have one and have not shot it much. 9mm ammo is so cheap I don’t bother to reload for it anymore so have only shot FMJ factory ammo in it. At home on my range I shoot it without clips and the fired cases pluck right out. It is chambered with the rims sticking out of the cylinder for the moon clips so they are easy to grab. When I carry it I have carry ammo in a couple of clips in case I need to reload. (Highly unlikely). Anyway I like the little 9mm revolver.

Louiethelump@yahoo.com