Talo Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I was considering the purchase of Talo's case hardened Vaquero, but the Talo photo seems to show a gap between barrel and ejector housing. I can't live with that.

ruger.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Looks more like a shadow in the photography to me. Same as around the grips & other areas. Look at where the ERH meets the frame. Out in front, exposed to light,, you can see the taper shadow disappear.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
mohavesam said:
Its a Ruger production revolver. Not a custom-fitted gun. Looks to be within build spec.

Looks to me like maybe the ejector rod housing screw needs to be tightened down?

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
mohavesam said:
Its a Ruger production revolver. Not a custom-fitted gun. Looks to be within build spec.

Run of the mill gun? The gun has to be stripped down, all the way plumb, to case harden the frame, or at least impart that coloring, then re-assembled. Should look better that that.

Bob Wright

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
mohavesam said:

I've owned many Ruger revolvers and none had a large gap between barrel and ejector. The gun in the photo is not within spec.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Yeah, I'll probably go ahead and get it. The Bobby Tyler color case looks good.

smith1961

Blackhawk
That's Tyler CCH? Looks good on the lower front of the frame, forward of the cylinder. The rest almost looks like the old chemical applied stuff that faded.

In any event, sure would've tripped my trigger if it was in .41 magnum. Looks to be another .357 vaquero (Ho hum)
:evil:

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
smith1961 said:
That's Tyler CCH? Looks good on the lower front of the frame, forward of the cylinder. The rest almost looks like the old chemical applied stuff that faded.

In any event, sure would've tripped my trigger if it was in .41 magnum. Looks to be another .357 vaquero (Ho hum)
:evil:

It is Tyler CCH. I prefer .357

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Armybrat said:
Gold colored trigger & hammer?
Nope.

My first thought was the same on the gold trigger and hammer, but it's growing on me. At least it doesn't have some chintzy engraving. They can be had for $875 OTD in Phoenix. Strange -- yesterday Gun Genie stated that only 2 were available, today there are 45 available.

contender

Ruger Guru
I stand corrected.
The picture is large on my screen, and I didn't move it to see the end of the ERH. Definitely NOT a shadow. My mistake.

BUT,,, I know Bobby Tyler,, and EVERY gun I've handled that he did was VERY nice. Buy with confidence. He does good work,, and I'd say someone put this together for the photo & didn't give it the "final" once over.