RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:42 am 
Bearcat

Ok...
1)Are the Stainless guns ejector housings SS orbAlloy?
2)How short can you go before the ejector rod becomes useless? (About to do a 3.6" .480 Lipsey)
Thank You :mrgreen:

Jeremiah Johnson: [reading the note pinned to Hatchet Jack's shirt] I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerely, Hatchet Jack.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:49 pm 
Hunter

A standard factory ejector rod housing is pretty much even with the muzzle of a 4-5/8" barrel. You'll probably need to use an ERH from a 3-3/4" revolver and shorten it a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:15 am 
Hawkeye

1) SS guns all have SS housing except the Bearcats which were alloy. But now they are SS also.

2) A 3.6" housing is about the shortest useful ejector rod. It will start your 480 cases out of the chambers. Ruger uses a shortened cyl pin and hollow ejector rod button to maximize the rod travel. Custom housings use a notch in the housing slot so the button can be swiveled out of the way of the cyl pin tip. Also the rod is left ong enough to extend all the way to the cyl face for an extra 1/8" in length.

CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:23 pm 
Bearcat

Thanks Guys!!!

Jeremiah Johnson: [reading the note pinned to Hatchet Jack's shirt] I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerely, Hatchet Jack.