RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:18 pm 
Hawkeye

While I do not believe the current crop of single-actions (Wrangler excepted) are using the zinc grip frames, if they prove successful with the Wrangler I'd bet the bean-counters will be pushing to go that way on the other guns. The questions about the "parting lines" and proper finish will hopefully be considered as a perceived quality issue, however.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:03 pm 
Hawkeye

Ruger's protocol over the last 60 years is to not make any production line changes (too expensive) to current models, unless the model is completely redesigned or a new model.

If they did, they certainly would have installed the chamber alignment system in their flagship 44 Mag Super Blackhawk.

CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 pm 
Hawkeye

May very well be, Jim, but substituting one grip frame for another is hardly a difficult change. At least, that's what I'd bet the bean-counters' position would be. I know you're familiar with the time-worn expression "all ya gotta do is just . . ."

:wink: :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 pm 
Hawkeye

Yeah, would seem so huh.

CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:53 pm 
Single-Sixer

If most people don’t want zamak grip frames, then it seems a no-brainer to me that those of us who don’t want zamak grip frames should absolutely NOT buy a Wrangler and encourage Ruger to think they can get away with it if they lower the price.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 pm 
Hawkeye

Somehow, I believe that "most people" who would be in the market for an inexpensive gun like the Wrangler won't care what the grip frame is made of . . . particularly those with an understanding of its properties and why it was selected . . . cost reduction without sacrificing function.

For those who don't want one, by all means don't buy one. I've been trying to find one just to look at it since they came out and none of my local gun dealers can even get them they are so back-ordered. I don't think Ruger will lose any appreciable sales over the grip frame issue.

JMHO