RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:04 pm 
Bearcat

and I LIKED it!! It had the exposed hammer so that makes it an LCR x right? It was an okay price NIB $397 + 3% for CC and 8.25% tax. I didn't get it as it was the first time I had handled one. But it felt great in my hand. I was at the Mesquite, TX gun show.

I'm thinking this is going to be my next gun purchase. It will take the place of my S&W 642 j frame. It will be a good pick up for me as it will also share ammo with my Shield 9mm and my Mod 2 SC 9mm.

Dang it! Now I am wishing I had gone ahead and gotten it.

Joe

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:51 pm 
Buckeye

I pocket carry so it’s the standard .38 LCR for me, it lives in my pocket every day and goes to the range once a month...I love it.

"I buy guns to shoot and not to fondle and admire" RugerForum Member 5of7

NRA Member

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:46 am 
Buckeye

I’ve seen multiple incidents of bullet jump with the 9mm LCR resulting in the guns getting tied up. My advice is stick with the .38.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:11 am 
Hunter

I have that gun in 38+P and really like it. I don't see any advantage of 9mm and the possibility of bullet pull leaves me hesitant of that. The hammer is well designed and I have no issue with it catching on anything when carrying in the pocket.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 pm 
Bearcat

TRanger:

What loads were you shooting that caused the crimp jump? I have had the 9mm LCR since they first came out and shot many different loads such as +P defense loads and even Buffalo Bore +P loads and have never experienced crimp jump with any of them. I carry mine for ccw about 80% of the time and a LC9s the rest of the time.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:30 pm 
Single-Sixer

Never had crimp jump either