$360 for Excellent Security Six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

finesse_r

Single-Sixer
These may be the most under valued revolvers out there and they are still fairly readily available due to Ruger selling so many of them. For my money the Security Six is certainly one of the best all round revolvers ever made.

A 4 inch Security Six was the first Ruger I ever bought and that was back around 1977 or 1978 I think. I paid $ 212.00 plus sales tax back then for it new in the box from a local gun store in Houston. I have been a Ruger fan ever since. At that time I had no idea what a fine revolver I was getting for my money. They have not gone up in value like, some S&W or some Colt revolvers, but that is a good thing if you are thinking of buying one. LOL

Supply and demand is the only valid reason I can of for this difference in let's call it "collector value". Ruger literally sold millions of these fine revolvers so the supply has always been plentiful, which keeps the collector value down, but that has nothing to do with the quality of these fine revolvers.

So if you are a collector you might go for something a little more rare. If you are a shooter then the Ruger Security Six is a great gun for you.