RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:06 am 
Bearcat

hey guys, picking up a stainless 4 inch speed six and looking for a leather holster. i know and own a simply rugged for my sp101 but looking for other suggestions. thank you

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 11:41 am 
Hawkeye

I've had a Bianchi 5 BHL for years with mine. I don't care for triggers not being covered, but I've had it so long and it's stayed nice... Otherwise I'd go with Simply Rugged.

WELFARE WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE A CAREER OPPORTUNITY
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." —

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 4:31 pm 

I'm a Simply Rugged guy too. You have hundreds of options since this gun fits the K frame Smith holsters.

I've had Bianchi, Safety Speed and others for mine.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:50 pm 
Bearcat

I have Simply Rugged holsters for all my 4" six series revolvers, but I agree with Bear Paw Jack. I also have a couple Bianchi 5 BHL holsters for them and they are a good holster too.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:27 am 
Bearcat

thanks for the input guys. didn't realize any K frame would work. thought they may be too loose

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 am 
Bearcat

Not only do K frame holsters work perfectly, but you can usually find used K frame holsters for a fraction of what you would pay for an identical holster marked for a Ruger "Six"

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:41 am 
Hawkeye

Less and less do I profess my favorites, as when I do somebody says I'm all wet because their favorite is somehow superior. Good for them. And that's why we have choices.

But in this case I'll break my rule, and I will absolutely endorse the Bianchi 5B series of holsters for the Security Six. They are simple, well made, high riding and with the correct belt, hug your body very tight.

I've got many, maybe even dozens of holster choices, and this model of Bianchi remains my favorite for Security/Speed Six revolvers.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:00 pm 
Buckeye

Another option is the Safariland Model 29. It is the same style as the Bianchi, but has a sight track sown into the welt. Lots of K frame Safariland holsters on ebay.