Turnbull Super Blackhawk at local gun shop...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye

71shooter

Single-Sixer
Turnbull did not partner with anyone like Lipsey's or TALO to put out any CCH Flattops. However, if you send turnbull a brand new, unfired flattop, and a wad of cash, they will be more than happy to finish it for you.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Bob,

I too can not believe Ruger is offering these with the cheesy plywood grip.

All I've seen have bright sided hammers, but some in the link you sent have CCH hammers as well and real wood grips. Clearly an improvement!

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
Real Colts (First Generation SAA's) had case hardened hammers.

I don't like the SS hammers on blued guns either, but its easy to see why it is done. Only having to stock hammers of one material I am sure is a big cost savings, and that is what it is all about now. When carbon steel hammers are "in the white" it takes steps to know if they are SS or not. Now it doesn't matter.

Dan

Boxhead

Blackhawk
I bought this one, NIB, from Lee Newton a year or so ago at the Kerrville gun show. It is extremely well put together but the ill fitting ugly grips had to go. I had an old pair of Lett's walnuts.

hPFFDvI.jpg

o6Az9NW.jpg

Snake Pleskin

Banned
When I see so many 'high" end firearms that cost $$$ a twice what most mortgage payments are, I have a hard time listening to people complain about the economy? JMHO