RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:49 am 
Bearcat

I have a problem with this line:
"2. Your title says it all. Single action is almost always harder to keep accurate because of usually a longer harder trigger pull than a double action.
Shoot a modern revolver in single action and I would bet you have similar groups. Keep in mind that is without a trigger job. I'm talking crappy factory trigger."

Best,
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:47 am 
Hunter

I posted what was said in the other forum to see what you all would say. If you notice in the comments from the original post, no one really talked about how to correctly grip a single action or even how to shoot a single action (to take into account the long hammer fall, etc.)

Mr. Bradshaw of course summed it up very well as well as the good comments from the members here. If I recall, I believe that most of the comments from/to the OP (other than from member rkrcpa) were from people that mainly shoot semi-autos. I knew that the Rugerforum members would be able to tell a different story.

The original thread petered out pretty quickly, not the good discussion like I knew would happen here.

I think this post can help a lot of people who buy a SA revolver and it ends up being a safe queen because they never got good advice/training on how to correctly shoot a SA revolver. I own DA's, SA's and semi's and don't seem to have the problems the other forum OP has had. Probably because I have shot them all enough to become familiar with the differences of grip, trigger pull, etc., and have shot in different competitions through the years. I also had some really good coaches to help me out in the different venues I have shot in the past.

Thanks for the comments and if anyone wants to add more comments, GREAT, one can never get enough information if they are wanting to better themselves.

NRA Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:49 pm 
Buckeye

most of them are more accurate than we can shoot them

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????