RugerForum.com
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/

Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=277974
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Mus408 [ Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

After cutting grass around the range area I squeezed in some needed trigger time with
that sweet .44 Special. Had a fun time hitting cans and the steel plate rack.
Always a joy to shoot this one!
My loads where the Missouri Bullets 240 gr. coated bullets with 7 grs. Unique.
Image

Author:  recumbent [ Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Nice.

Author:  The Norseman [ Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Very nice Revolver and Special Cartridge! I like it.

Sounds like you had fun! Thanks for Sharing
and a Picture of a Great Target.

Author:  wvjoetc [ Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Good shootin there Mus408 looks like you got the right combination! Nice pistol too!

Author:  Mus408 [ Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Thanks! It worked out that this one likes the same bullet that my Super Blackhawk .44 Mag and Henry
.44 Mag Carbine like as well.
Last time I had the Flattop out I brought along the Henry Carbine shooing same .44 Specials thru that.
That was some very fun plinking!

Author:  rkrcpa [ Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Is that a Blue Bisley hammer?

Author:  Mus408 [ Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

rkrcpa wrote:
Is that a Blue Bisley hammer?


Should be as that's the way it came from Ruger.

Author:  rkrcpa [ Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Mus408 wrote:
rkrcpa wrote:
Is that a Blue Bisley hammer?


Should be as that's the way it came from Ruger.


The reason I ask is mine came from the factory with a stainless hammer. I had to send it in for repair and it came back with a blue hammer.

Author:  Mus408 [ Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

rkrcpa wrote:
Mus408 wrote:
rkrcpa wrote:
Is that a Blue Bisley hammer?


Should be as that's the way it came from Ruger.


The reason I ask is mine came from the factory with a stainless hammer. I had to send it in for repair and it came back with a blue hammer.


Was there an issue with the original hammer in the repair?
I think the blue hammer is a better match on a blue revolver. So it is the same style hammer but just plain blued steel?

Author:  71shooter [ Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Several years ago Ruger stopped putting blue hammers on all of their handguns. I’ve seen blue hammers on the new bisley single sixes recently, but blue hammers are generally now a thing of the past with Ruger single actions. I just sent out final payment to another forum member for a slightly used 2011 vintage 5.5” flattop Bisley 44spl with a blue hammer. I just can’t abide with a SS hammer on a blued or CCH’d gun. Yuck! You may have gotten back a blued hammer because an old stock part happened to be in the parts bin. I do hope Ruger starts putting blued hammers on blued guns again!

I believe all of the 520 prefix guns have blued hammers, while almost all 521 prefix guns have stainless hammers.

Author:  jebstuart [ Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Mus408 wrote:
After cutting grass around the range area I squeezed in some needed trigger time with
that sweet .44 Special. Had a fun time hitting cans and the steel plate rack.
Always a joy to shoot this one!
My loads where the Missouri Bullets 240 gr. coated bullets with 7 grs. Unique.
Image


Mus408,
I think I see some well done color added to the front sight. Can you tell me what that is and how it was done?
My eyes ain't get'in any younger.
Thanks

Author:  Bear Paw Jack [ Tue May 14, 2019 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Mus, I like that color on the front sight. I don't seem capable of being nearly so accurate when applying paint.

What do you anticipate the velocity of that load being?

Author:  Mus408 [ Tue May 14, 2019 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

About that front sight....well guys hold on to your seat....just a piece of neatly cut yellow masking tape! :shock:
I did a quick job on the front sight while I had it down at my range.
Later I removed tape and used white paint.

On my 240 gr. Missouri coated bullet load... I haven't run them across the Chrony yet.

Author:  andyo5 [ Tue May 14, 2019 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

Black ramped front sights are some of the worst, especially shooting at a black target. I am using 'custom' targets consisting of a 6 inch circle that isn't filled. Just an outline of a circle. Black sights work just fine against a white target. I have it saved as a .jpg file and I print them out as I need them. Very little ink is used.

Author:  jebstuart [ Wed May 15, 2019 2:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Got my Bisley Flattop .44 out today....

[color=#FF8000][/color]
andyo5 wrote:
Black ramped front sights are some of the worst, especially shooting at a black target. I am using 'custom' targets consisting of a 6 inch circle that isn't filled. Just an outline of a circle. Black sights work just fine against a white target. I have it saved as a .jpg file and I print them out as I need them. Very little ink is used.


Handy hint:
Next time you have the file open, save a copy as .pdf. It's more stable, much less memory so opens and closes quickly and will likely use even less toner for the same quality. Use the .jpg only to edit/make changes to the file, then save again as a .pdf for use.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/