Fair price for Clements 500 Linebaugh?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OM SB

Bearcat
Gentlemen: An old friend is interested my buying my 500 Linebaugh and I don't know what it's worth. It is a Clements 5.5" 500 Linebaugh built on a Stainless Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter frame. It has the barrel band and gold lines on the front sight. Custom Bisley grips fitted to to grip frame by Clements. Shot it only a handful of rounds and it was then cleaned, oiled and been in the safe since then. Absolutely mint condition. What should I ask for it? If he does not buy it, I may list it here in the classifieds, but he will get the first chance. Thanks much.

Unfortunately right now the prices seem to be down. I recently bought a blued banded barrel 5 shot by Forkin for $2000 shipped and there is a 5 shot straight barrel 500 by John Linebaugh on GB with no bids that starts at $2900. You just have to decide what number you are comfortable getting from a stranger then decide if you want to sweeten the deal if your friend. I think the last 500 I sold built by David was for $2800 or so but I sold it on a payment plan to a member.

CraigC

Hawkeye
We do appear to be in a slump. We watched a Huntington five-shot .45Colt sit here on the classifieds for weeks at $2200 before it went to auction. If I remember right it went for $2400. Top tier work at well below replacement value.

OM SB

Bearcat
I just checked Clements website. He charges $2995.00 for the conversion plus $250 for the Express barrel band. Add the cost of a new Bisley base gun, custom grips, dies, brass etc and it would be at least $4000.00 to replace it. I think anything under $3000 would be a steal for my friend.

firedude

Bearcat
For what you are describing 3000.00 would be a fair price to your friend. Very fair.