Grip Profile

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dumbear

Bearcat
There is a grip profile which is thicker at the top, thinner at the bottom. I don't know what its called but supposed to provide a better grip with more control. Would anyone have a pic or diagram of what this looks like

Dumbear

Bearcat
True, I have a set of unfinished Holly grips coming and needed a profile view to go by.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Dumbear said:
There is a grip profile which is thicker at the top, thinner at the bottom. I don't know what its called but supposed to provide a better grip with more control. Would anyone have a pic or diagram of what this looks like

There's no specific name for grips with a narrowed bottom. They're just that; grips slimmed at the bottom. Picture normal grips from the rear; they're bell shaped. Now picture them from the rear with the widest area in the middle of the grip instead of at the bottom, to form 'palm swells'. They are an excellent shape, especially for smaller hands and/or chubby palms.

Calling them "gunfighter grips" is just a corruption of terms due to misunderstanding. Particularly among we cowboy shooters who are mainly just shooters, most not being especially schooled in firearm terminology.

In actuality true "gunfighter grips" have a narrow area just below the top. They are not thinner at the bottom. And almost the opposite of what you want!

Gunfighter grips:

ruger-single-six-grips.jpg