Pair of Buckeyes worth?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rockrat

Single-Sixer
Have a pair of Buckeyes, the 38-40/10mm and 32-20/32mag versions. Been sitting in my safe for awhile and have to go down to OK on business and thinking of dropping by Tulsa for the big show and find a dealer that might be interested.

Just wondering what they might be worth? Have the boxes and paperwork. They have been shot very little and I never did shoot them, so say 98%-99% guns I will guess.

Any help appreciated

contender

Ruger Guru
The RENE lists them as NIB in the range of $710-$720 approximately. Used,, in good shape,, I'd say $650 each. But do NOT expect a dealer to pay that. You would do better offering them for sale here.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
You did not mention if the serial numbers match up or not, or if they are a low numbered (2 or 3 digit) pair.

JM0.02,
2 digit pair NIB in "crisp" condition, with matching serial #'s }$2,400.00 - $3,000.00 depends on how low numbered.
2 digit pair LNIB in good condition, with matching serial #'s } $2,000.00 - $2,500.00 same as above.

Nice Shooters usually go for $850.00 around here, they don't stay on the table long.

It all depends on what you have (serial #) and the condition of the TOTAL package.
Best,
Terry

I agree with Contender, DO NOT go to a dealer to sell them, you would be lucky to get 60% of what they would be worth on the open market. I'm a FFL and I can tell you that if offered them to a gun dealer and They checked and they were worth $800, They would probably offer you $500. The reason, they have to resell them at a profit because they are running a business and they have to have some room for negotiation of the price they set. Pure business, it doesn't matter what they might be worth to a private collector, it is what they think they can get out of them.

Do let us know what Terry asked, we can then give you a more educated estimate of their worth. I also think that if you are going to sell them, offer them here first, Ruger owners/collectors know good guns and they would probably sell here pretty quickly.

Latest posts