Warren One Hole Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dumbear

Bearcat
Has anyone tried the One Hole rear sight from Warren. Looks interesting for older eyes.

s4s4u

Hunter
I have one that was made by One Ragged Hole years ago and it did help tighten groups. A small fiber optic or the Ruger gold bead front sight worked best for me. You do have to cover up your target with them so may not great for long distance shooting on small targets, but it is quick to get on target which is one of the reasons I like it. I didn't do any of work with a blade front sight but I'm sure that would work, just a different sight picture and may not be as quick.

woodperson

Single-Sixer
I like mine. I pinned and soldered a round rod on the front sight. Sights are fast, easy to use, and a bit crude or coarse for fine work. I use a red dot on a B fast mount when I want to check ammo or something from the bench. Offhand I shoot about the same size groups with the one hole and the red dot. I thought my shooting limitation was sighting, but have found it to be grip and recoil related flinching. The one hole is quicker to find and align. And yes, I am dealing with older eyes.

Old RugerFan

Bearcat
I have the Warren Custom ghost ring rear coupled with the Gemini Custom gold bead front on my 4" SS GP100, and I'm very happy with the setup. Super quick to acquire the sights and accurate enough for self defense purposes. As others have mentioned, not target grade accuracy. Just scary fast...

Three44s

Single-Sixer
I had the smallest appeture from the One Ragged Hole set on my SRH 44 Mag and the Ruger gold bead painted black on the front end of it's 9 1/2" barrel.

It was an awesome sight radius and effective combination to say the least. That was before my eyes fell off the log that is. That revolver got away in a trade where I ended up with a SRH in 480 Ruger 7.5"

Three44s

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I have 2 blue Old Armies with these rear sights. Both OA's have been loaded for several months, uncapped. Locked up. I capped these Friday and instantly had 12 rounds of accurate shooting. 45 grs of Pyrodex P. Wish Ruger still made them.

Latest posts