Speed Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TRanger

Blackhawk
I wish I could post a picture of the Speed Six I just acquired. I have tried the Imgur thing, but just cannot make heads or tails of it. Guess I am just too much of a dinosaur. In any case, I picked up the gun yesterday and took it to the range today. The gun shoots splendidly and is the smoothest Ruger revolver I have ever tried. It will undoubtedly prove to be a favorite. Generally, one gets what one pays for; but in this case, I got more than my money's worth. The serial number indicates 1980 production. It must have seen little use, as it's in excellent condition. I believe I may order a set of Sack Peterson elk stocks for it. The gun is certainly worthy of a bit of dressing up.

bogus bill

Hunter
We were issued them when I was a lockheed guard. They felt the best in the hand with those rounded grips. We also had colt OP`s and S&W 586`s. I did once see another guard snap one closed ala tv cop. It bent the crane. What barrel length? Ours were 4" stainless. A couple months ago I seen a nice 3" in a pawn shop. It tempted me but I already have a s&w 3" 66-3.

bogus bill

Hunter
I believe it was 3" as I used to be issued a 4". it was shorter and I do own both a 2 1/2" python and a 3" smith & wesson 3" lew horton model 66-3 one of 300 special. Also own a smith model 36 in 3". I didn't have a ruler but it sure looked the same length as my 3" smith`s and longer than my 2 1/2" python, and not as long as my 4" python.. I sure was tempted but am retired with limited income plus owning many other similar guns couldn't justify it. I suppose I could have bought it with the idea of making a few bucks on it but things were tight and I really should sell some of what I own at this late stage of my life but haven't been able to "let go" of any yet. My life experience has always been that when I did sell one a week later I couldn't tell you what I did with the money and didn't have the gun either! I see in the picture yours is .38 special. Ours were 357`s but we carried .38`specials in them. The one in the pawn shop also was .357.

hittman

Staff member
hbxT5beh.jpg

Here's a Speed Six as confirmed by a Ruger letter. Never mind that it's roll marked POLICE Service Six!

silverback

Blackhawk
My service six is my favorite without a doubt.
I think speed six and service six are exactly same gun. Either way, a great well balanced and accurate revolver

hedrok

Single-Sixer
The Speed Six in 9mm is just a joy to shoot and practice with...and, since ammo prices have dropped to reasonable in the last year or two, I'm spending a lot more time punching paper with center fire...and happily so.

I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hi-jack a thread.
The topic just got me to thinking...a dangerous thing at my age.
I'll delete and start a new thread with my question.

I have tried the Imgur thing, but just cannot make heads or tails of it.

let me TRY and help < IF some one else has a easier way please post it >

when you go to Imgur site , sign in , then left click on your name and a drop down menu will appear , go down it until you find images, left click on it ,,

now you're on a page that will let you upload your pictures , left click on the big GREEN Add Images button ,
now you get a pop up that says Browse or drag images here (or under that it says ) paste image or URL ( I use the Browse button )

when you click on the browse button you should get a menu for your computer that has pictures somewhere on the list ,, left click on pictures,

now it should show you your picture folders ,
if you have your folders Named then it should be easy to find the picture you want , if not named then at least the date they where taken helps find them, ( try finding the picture before you try to upload it so you know where its at )

once you find the folder the picture is in , left click on it and then left click on the open button , it should open to show all the pictures in that folder , left click on the picture you want and click on open again and it should upload to Imgur
and you should get your picture

now your picture is on Imgur, left click on it , it will show you the picture with different links down the right side and a size Link at the bottom right, I use Large thumbnail on message boards but you can play around and see what you like ,, after you click on what size you want it to be ,, I usually use, the > Linked BBCode (message boards) left click on copy , come back to where you want the picture to be posted and just right click in the body of your post , and left click on paste, it should look like this >>>

this one is sized Huge thumbnail > Mr. Punk likes to play catch

silverback

Blackhawk
I was able to find a cylinder assembly that fit both my 6 inch security six and my service six.
Fit and function perfect. Timing excellent. I tested in both guns with 38's than 357's.

I sent it to TK customs for 9mm conversion.
I just got it back yesterday.
Going to the range tomorrow.

Now I can practice with cheaper 9mm and still shoot 38's and 357 in the same cylinder

Plus I have can keep original cylinder in the safe in case I ever decide to part with either.

Of course taurus finally start shipping their 692 in 3 inch and 6 inch. Quick change cylinder. Works great in their 992.