.327 Federal & .41 Magnum Rugers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lee Martin

Hunter
Here are two Rugers I just finished. Both are factory guns with minor tweaks. Each received the following:

• Lone Star Custom Grips by Zane Thompson (https://www.lonestarcustomgrips.com)
• Triggers were polished using 800 grit on the return spring flat and sear
• Hammer sears were also polished with 800 grit. Hammer dogs were also slightly reduced and polished
• Wolf 17 lb springs
• Bowen Target rear sights
• Belt Mountain #5 basepins
• The .327 Federal also got a 2Dogs front sight (I highly recommend these)

Single Seven, .327 Federal. Zane made the grips from stabilized rams horn:

Blackhawk_327_2.jpg

Blackhawk_327_1.jpg

SS .41 Magnum Blackhawk. Zane did the grips from fancy walnut. Special thanks to Fermin Garza for supplying the walnut.

Ruger_NM_41_SS_1.jpg

Ruger_NM_41_SS_2.jpg

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Beautiful, of course!

I've never seen the need for the #5 cyl pin or a pin retention problem that could not be fixed with proper fitting of the pin latch. Or needed the shape to grasp the pin, again proper fitting is the solution. But to each, their own.

I spend the extra few bucks instead on a much more ergonomic ejection rod button:

The COLT ejector rod button makes a nice replacement for the Ruger ejector round button or crescent:

orig.jpg

On small frames (.22 and .32) I use a Colt 22 Peacemaker button:

standard.jpg

Just saying.

Prescut

Single-Sixer
Lee,

Do you find beautiful wheelguns easier to shoot? There's something about holding something that purdy that helps me concentrate and do my part. Kinda like dancing with a beautiful woman.

Prescut

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Lee Martin, I know that "feel" can be relevant, but how does the stabilized rams horn feel in comparison to non-stabilized rams horn? I love the feel of rams horn, but mine do tend to dent easily, yet they remain beautiful, just as yours are!

Lee Martin

Hunter
Colonel Daddy said:
Lee Martin, I know that "feel" can be relevant, but how does the stabilized rams horn feel in comparison to non-stabilized rams horn? I love the feel of rams horn, but mine do tend to dent easily, yet they remain beautiful, just as yours are!

Can't say. I don't have a lot of experience with rams horn grips. I can say however, the pair Zane did for me feel great in hand.

Lee Martin

Hunter
sixshot said:
Very classy looking guns Lee, I'll bet they shoot just as good as they look! Looking forward to seeing some groups.

Dick

Dick - I haven't shot groups with them yet, but have clanked a lot of steel with the 41. Prior to sending it to Zane for grips, I fired 1,000 rounds bone stock. Once the grips came back, I made the aforementioned changes. The past two Saturdays I've shot it offhand at a 10" rock (50 yards, 200 rounds per session). My hit percentage is much higher than factory dress due to:

1) The trigger job (no surprise here)
2) The Bowen rear sight. My eyes really take to the flat, slightly angled rear blade.

Ruger_NM_41_SS_3.jpg

Ruger_NM_41_SS_5.jpg

To date, all 1,400 have been 7.0 of Green Dot with my 240 LFN.

240_gr_Martin_LFN_6.jpg