GP100 KGPF-340 Half Lug Stainless with ammo, case, loaders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Just picked up this 4" GP100 (pic below) made in 2013 for $500. Seems to be in great shape. Includes the box, papers, test cartridge. Also included 400 rounds of Fiocchi 142 grain, holster and two speed loaders. Reminded me of my old Security Six.

I figure the rest of the stuff is worth at least $100, so the GP probably cost me $400. Was it a good deal for $400? I can't seem to find anything on this model.

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
pic...

jigw46.jpg

silverback

Blackhawk
Beautiful gun. I almost prefer the gpf-340c blue to my police service six only because I am partial to the lett grips. Your going to like the way it shoots

Salmoneye

Single-Sixer
I thought that the newer KGPF-340 models were 4.2", not 4"...

The originals from the late 80's are 4"...

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
gramps said:
Nice score! I prefer the original grips, but for what you paid-no complaints.
gramps

And I'm assuming the original grips with the rosewood inlays would be the small frame grips. Like for a SP101, right?

I have one in the same configuration from the early '90s w/4" barrel in .38 Spl. Looks un-issued. I was told that it was a leftover/over-run from a government or security guard firm buy. That SEEMS logical, but I don't have any way to prove it.

Is there a way, given that it has no agency or firm stamping?

lvtwentytwo said:
gramps said:
gramps

And I'm assuming the original grips with the rosewood inlays would be the small frame grips. Like for a SP101, right?
They are the same configuration as the SP grips, but larger. Absorbed recoil, and looked GREAT!
gramps, who sold my GP :evil:

lvtwentytwo said:
gramps said:
gramps

They are the same configuration as the SP grips, but larger. Absorbed recoil, and looked GREAT!
gramps, who sold my GP :evil:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Mike Armstrong said:
I have one in the same configuration from the early '90s w/4" barrel in .38 Spl. Looks un-issued. I was told that it was a leftover/over-run from a government or security guard firm buy. That SEEMS logical, but I don't have any way to prove it.

KGPF-840. Still regret not buying one brand new for $400.00 out the door in 2003.

silverback

Blackhawk
Mike Armstrong said:

I have seen those ss with CIA stamped on them.
And some are Canadian reimport.

Hopefully some one with more knowledge will jump in. I bet "roninpa" would know.

I just got a NIB KGPF-840 and its serial number dates it to late 1989 and it has the small (short) grip frame and grips (cushioned with wood inserts) and was wondering about that also. The RENE Reference of Ruger Firearms doesn't have any info why they went with the short grip frame and small grips. Have been talking to Chad and he dropped me a line saying that maybe Ruger was trying to replicate the Speed Six style grip. Just don't know so I'll start doing some research to see what I can find out.

My KGPNY-831, KGPNY-841 and KGPNY-841 with spurred hammer (SA/DA) all have the small grips.

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Serial Number 176-597XX clearly places it in 2013. The box says KGPF-340 #01711. The internet says a #01711 is a Ruger .357 and has a Satin Stainless Finish, 4″ Half-Lug Barrel, 6-Round Cylinder with Hogue grips. Definitely what I have.

I found an old discussion on rugerforum.net that said the rosewood insert grips that fit this model are not the ones for a SP-101. The correct grips are the ones made for the fixed sight GP100's (compact grips). I just happened to have one of those grips and I tried it on for size. Perfect fit and nice looking too!