Loose grip solution?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
My new Bisley Blackhawk has that bit of wiggle of the grip panels even when tight.
Looks like if Ruger had used a longer trigger spring retaining pin it could engage each grip panel
preventing any movement of grip at the top.
I might just do that!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Make sure the grip frame has a locating roll pin at the bottom of the grip frame.

If it does, the holes for it in the grips are oversize. Fill with stock bedding compound like accra glass, epoxy, etc. Put separating compound on the roll pin and frame, and let dry in place on the gun.

cas6969

Buckeye
A tiny little dollop of clear silicone adhesive.

Silicone is the thinking man's duct tape. :D

Though Hondo's way would be the right way to make the wrong thing right. :)

(I've had one S&W with no grip screw, just silicone, for about 20+ years now) ;)

SweetWilliam

Buckeye
You have to watch tightening the screw to tight, it'll pull the threaded nut through the grip.
Contender taught me to put a plastic sleeve over the screw between the grip panels to keep this from happening. I've done it to all my Ruger SA.

Mus408

Hunter
Well my thought was if there was a pin at the top that would limit any grip movement at the top
without having to over tighten the screw. They just tend to move a bit at the top after use.
Seem to be OK at bottom.
Simple solution to make up a longer pin that locates the trigger spring and add new locating hole on each grip.
Just a thought!

Pal Val

Buckeye
I have fixed oversize holes for the locator pins several times using hot glue. I just lube the frame and pin with mineral oil, put a little hot glue in the holes and assemble. The 30-second solution.

I've found that the locator holes in a few aftermarket grips don't align the panels exactly where they should go. For that, I enlarge the locator holes and then do the hot glue repair. Works every time.