Met an old friend at the range today!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
While out today I ran into a young fellow I got involved in the shooting hobby several years ago
and he asked if we could go to my place to shoot.
So he brought along 4 revolvers to shoot with one being my ol' New Vaquero .45 Colt I had sold to him four yrs. ago.
Was GREAT getting to see and shoot that ol' friend Vaquero again being one of those revolvers you can just pick up and hit the target without thinking too much. He said it's his best shooter out of the other
revolvers he has now.
So now I'm trying to trade him my nice .45 ACP Birdshead NV which he likes for my ol' friend.
Told him it is much cheaper to feed the .45 ACP!

G2

Hunter
That is fun when one comes home, just this past week I had a Browning 222 Sako Safari come home after 20 years :D My friend always knew I wanted it back, then a attempt was made at trying to burglarize his safe. He called me up, told me the story, and told me the 222 is going home,,,
His thinking was he didn't want the worry of having it lost/ stolen.

Yes those Birdsheads are way cheaper to feed and eject with the ACP's. I found a ACP cylinder for the 45Colt and have never looked back.

P1010005-20.jpg

G2

Hunter
gramps said:
Ya'll don't reload huh? gramps

I do reload, especially for this gun,

actually have a consecutive pair, (this picture 1/2 way thru the customization.)
7598953b-f2de-45b7-a843-f99311e59156.jpg

I acquired some 45 SUPER brass, load 9.0gr Power Pistol under a 230gr Xtreme.
So I guess I could call it a 45 Super Cylinder... :roll:

The TAP Ammo makes for a good picture, way to expensive to shoot everyday. :wink: