Evolution of couple of Rugers................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I was browsing through some old photos this morning and came across these two .45 Colt Ruger Blackhawks, this after some custom work had been done:

And, wouldn't you know, they don't look the same today:

Its the same two Rugers, in the same relative position.

Nothing stays the same.

Bob Wright

Note: The first photo was in error on my original post. Now corrected.

Rclark

Hunter
Nice.

BTW, I tried to look up that word you used in the title, but could not find it in any dictionary ;) . Did you mean 'evolution' ... maybe? :) .

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Rclark said:
Nice.

BTW, I tried to look up that word you used in the title, but could not find it in any dictionary ;) . Did you mean 'evolution' ... maybe? :) .

Not really. "Eviloution" is a word coined by Creationists (of which I am one.) as a snub remark toward evolutionists. I figure collectors who disdain custom modifications might use it in the same way.

A weak attempt at humor, perhaps.

Bob Wright

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet'... I would say you like a certain type of rose. (size, hammer, trigger, gripframe, grip and finish)
BTW a beautiful pair of Blackhawks sir.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My feeble attempt at humor and a play on words fell like a lead balloon, so have since changed the title of this thread. Hope this clears things up.

Bob Wright

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
I know what you mean. My pieces tend to evolve through time, too: trigger jobs,new/different grips, etc...

Bayou52

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Robb Barnes said:
Nice Blackhawks Bob but the gun on the right should not have been subjected to such a drastic face lift! It looks even better as a short barrel bisley! :D

Maybe so, but as it is I can use it as an alternate carry gun. As a Bisley, did not point well with me, and recoil was rather severe at times. I reckon my hand has just formed itself to the SAA grip profile, Rugerized as it may be.

Bob Wright

I know some folks like the Ruger Bisley and some can't stand it. I shot 20 rounds of 500 Linebaugh loads this morning with 440 grain bullets and the Bisley grip frame made it much more manageable for me. I am not sure if the gun would have stayed in my hands with a regular grip frame.

Rclark

Hunter
I enjoy the plow handle more than the Bisley myself. But then my loads aren't that hot. I do have a couple of Bisley revolvers and fully understand how they work better for heavy heavy loads ... You get more of a push back into your hand which makes it more controllable. Since we don't have any Cape Buffalo around here nor do I go out of my way to look for Grizzlies, ... plus I like my wrists an elbows to stay intact ... the plow handle works for me....

71shooter

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
Nice Blackhawks Bob but the gun on the right should not have been subjected to such a drastic face lift! It looks even better as a short barrel bisley! :D

I could not agree more!, but both guns look great to me in either form.!