My ol' Bisley .45 gets the job done!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Was down at my range today with a friend and brought along my S&W M69 to try out some new loads
and also brought along my Blackhawk Bisley .45.
We had a small clay pot we were trying to smoke and was having a time trying to hit it with my M69 .44 Mag.
Pulled up the ol' Bisley and put the ghost ring sight on that tricky little pot and one trigger pull later
it was smoked. Love that revolver!
Was using my 255 gr. SWC over 9.5 Unique.

Let my friend who was struggling with his Taurus .357 revolver try the bad ol' Bisley on a
small bottle of Pepsi and he nailed on second shot....the first shot surprised him with the way the Bisley
rolls back in the hand. He loves it now!
AIoawl0.jpg

Mus408

Hunter
Bear Paw Jack said:
Sounds like you are getting adjusted to the rear sight. Glad to hear that.

Yes...it's a great sight for getting on target quick!

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
Mus408 said:
Was down at my range today with a friend and brought along my S&W M69 to try out some new loads
and also brought along my Blackhawk Bisley .45.
We had a small clay pot we were trying to smoke and was having a time trying to hit it with my M69 .44 Mag.
Pulled up the ol' Bisley and put the ghost ring sight on that tricky little pot and one trigger pull later
it was smoked. Love that revolver!
Was using my 255 gr. SWC over 9.5 Unique.

Let my friend who was struggling with his Taurus .357 revolver try the bad ol' Bisley on a
small bottle of Pepsi and he nailed on second shot....the first shot surprised him with the way the Bisley
rolls back in the hand. He loves it now!
AIoawl0.jpg

Good photo to illustrate the aperture rear sight. Anyway to cheat mileage from an aging carcass, or to otherwise wring performance from IRON SIGHTS on a sixgun, validates the utility of a sidearm. Your photo inspires me to dig out an Omega aperture insert from the late 1970's or around 1980, to try on the Ruger .357 Maximum out yonder.
Good show,
David Bradshaw

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
A 5 1/2" 45 Colt Bisley is an outstanding choice for an all around revolver. I tried one of the aperture sights and just could not get it to work for me. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance but I was throwing bullets everywhere.

Dan