Security Six Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dreamer

Single-Sixer
I have some RLG Security Six grips, 1 set doesn't have the cut out in the butt for
the serial #. It may have come in the little white box where the others were in
cardboard and plastic. Maybe just older ?

Just looked at my box of 6 new, old stock RLG grips I got from Ruger a while back. All were in white boxes with the RLG marked then placed inside a larger white box. All had the cutouts for the serial number. None had any markings on the inside of the grip. Do yours have any markings on the inside of the grip? If so, it might be an aftermarket grip. If no markings, it might just be a grip that didn't get that part of the process completed.

dreamer

Single-Sixer
https://imgur.com/2AGSnO4
2AGSnO4m.jpg

hittman

Staff member
No idea if it's true and I hope Chet15 chimes in but ..... think I heard before that only the ones sold by Ruger or thru Ruger dealers had the cut-out. The ones without cut-out were considered "after market". Again, don't know if that is correct or just internet/gun store rumor.

dreamer

Single-Sixer
The screw comes in from the other side but all hardware and medallions seem the same, the blind set came in white box along with a Liberty GA 34
I bought years ago. The others came from the blister packs. The Herrett grips I have are blind but have a Herrett sticker inside.

The pair on the right are not Ruger factory grips. The screw on factory grips goes from right to left, on those grips it goes from left to right. Aftermarket grips very well could have the Ruger medallion on them. Also notice the inside top of the grip on the left, that black piece is one all the Ruger RLG grips I have.

That said, they are still nice grips and not having the cut out is not a big deal as you can still easily determine the serial number just by removing the grips.