Anyone have the new 3” 357 LCRx?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
Not yet, and not sure if I will... still thinking.

It's heavier than my .38, and would be a fluffy kittens-cat with +P 158gr loads, but I'm not sure that's reason enough to buy one.

I doubt I'd ever actually carry it as a .357, as I simply don't have much need for the extra power in a trail gun (which is how I use my 3" LCRXs). There are no large carnivores where I tread these days, and two legged predators aren't immune to +P .38s.

I'm now waiting on the 3" LCRX in 9mm, not that it will perform any better than the .38, but I have a bunch more ammo on-hand for that one. :D

November

Single-Sixer
9x19 said:
Not yet, and not sure if I will... still thinking.

It's heavier than my .38, and would be a fluffy kittens-cat with +P 158gr loads, but I'm not sure that's reason enough to buy one.

I doubt I'd ever actually carry it as a .357, as I simply don't have much need for the extra power in a trail gun (which is how I use my 3" LCRXs). There are no large carnivores where I tread these days, and two legged predators aren't immune to +P .38s.

I'm now waiting on the 3" LCRX in 9mm, not that it will perform any better than the .38, but I have a bunch more ammo on-hand for that one. :D

Same here, I also have the 38 3" version and carry the same load as you (I really like this gun!). I also have a great 4" GP100 for 357, but the new 357 3" lcrx is half the weight, and having 357 mag on tap might be worth the small weight increase over the 38 version. I would also like to see a 6-shot 327 mag 3" lcrx. That could be interesting.

hittman

Staff member
If anyone has one yet I'd bet it's our very own member Rumrunner!

I'm thinking that I will own one within the year. No hurry, but I'm going to be looking for one.

My theory is that there won't be a 3" 327 LCRx for a year, as that seems to be Rugers time frame on things. Who knows, maybe they will do the 9mm first, but I doubt it. I've got the 3" 38 special as well, and it's a nice gun.

To some degree it's a tough decision, because of the SP101's I've already got. And I really like them.

olywa

Bearcat
I plan on picking one up at some point. I already have the 3" LCRx in .22, and I like it pretty well. I don't care much for the aluminum frame, but I'm fine with the heavy DA trigger pull. Still nice and crisp in SA.

The 3" LCRx in 357 has a stainless frame and better sights than my 3" SP101, plus it is significantly lighter. Prolly be loading it up with hard cast at 38 +P levels for woods carry.

wb292

Bearcat
My wife is wanting one. She thinks it will be perfect for her morning runs. Right now she has a 357 SP101 with a 3 inch barrel. She tells me it pulls on her clothes so much and she has to keep pulling them up. Other than that it's perfect. We started shopping for one locally at dealers and the gun show, but nobody has one in stock. Has anyone ever seen one in person?

Rolan_Kraps

Bearcat
wb292 said:
My wife is wanting one. She thinks it will be perfect for her morning runs. Right now she has a 357 SP101 with a 3 inch barrel. She tells me it pulls on her clothes so much and she has to keep pulling them up. Other than that it's perfect. We started shopping for one locally at dealers and the gun show, but nobody has one in stock. Has anyone ever seen one in person?

wb292,
She should check out one of these: https://gunfightersinc.com/kenai-chest-holster/
It may be more comfortable

Kenai-Hiking-58.jpg

wb292

Bearcat
Thanks Rolan but we have chest rigs we use for hiking. But she wants to keep it out of view when on street runs. The SP is a little heavy on ladies running clothes. Besides who can argue with the wife when she wants a new gun?

Rolan_Kraps

Bearcat
wb292 said:
Thanks Rolan but we have chest rigs we use for hiking. But she wants to keep it out of view when on street runs. The SP is a little heavy on ladies running clothes. Besides who can argue with the wife when she wants a new gun?

Exactly!
Perhaps a "belly band" holster?