3" GP100 Grip panels

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sheepdawg

Single-Sixer
Well this S&W fan just came up with an older (1989?) GP100 with fixed sights and a 3" barrel. I pretty happy because I've been looking for a 3" barreled 357 for a while and an S&W 3" like a M66 will have me taking out a loan with my first born as collateral. Another reason is I sold a buddy a sweet 2.75" barrel Security Six like an idiot a few years ago with no luck in persuading him to sell it back. Maybe this GP100 will be an adequate replacement. Here's my dilemma, the grip panels are cracked so am I correct in thinking SP101 panels will fit with no issues? Also are there any other grips someone can recommend since I have large hands and I could go for some slightly larger ones. Wood or rubber isn't an issue though I think wood has a little more character.

Only paid $395 which I thought was a deal. The bore is perfect, the lock up tight and just a few very very minor scratches. It was online so shipping and the FFL will have to be paid too. Fortunately my FFL is a buddy.

hittman

Staff member
The GP100 compact grip panels and the SP101 grip panels are the same size height and width. However, the GP100 compact grip panels have a relief cut in the back side to accommodate that (about 1/4"?) round peg you use to hold the rubber grip on.

I'd bet if you put a WTB ad in classified you'd come up with something here pretty quick. Also, you may want to check with some of our resident grip makers. I think I bought a set of stag panels from Sack here a few years back.

And .... I think Ruger began selling the GP100 compact grips again so I wonder if they may be on their web site.

Latest posts