Lipsey's .44 Special GP-100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I have the 5" half lug blue 44 GP-100. As most have reported, I had to install a taller front sight to get it to zero. Other than that, it performs as advertised. It has the Roper style stocks and now a red fiber optic front sight. Bob! 8)

Mus408

Hunter
rangerbob said:
I have the 5" half lug blue 44 GP-100. As most have reported, I had to install a taller front sight to get it to zero. Other than that, it performs as advertised. It has the Roper style stocks and now a red fiber optic front sight. Bob! 8)

I liked the look of that 5 inch half lug along with those grips!
Ruger should have made it that way as a standard issue.

Rclark

Hunter
I have the Talo .44 Special ~3" GP-100. It's ok. I bit big for CC. But that's where my CA Bulldog comes in anyway. At least it came with a wood grip rather than rubber. Accurate enough, but the SA trigger is way heavy. I don't shoot it DA. I may change the grip to a smaller style like Badger grips. Should make it somewhat easier to conceal. Thin forcing cone, so I'd just use normal .44 Special loads with it. Otherwise built like a tank. For woods, I'll take my .44 Special Flattops over the GP-100 any day... But that's my opinion!

DPris

Buckeye
Have the 3-incher & like it.
The first one, early sample, was not up to snuff, but its replacement is quite nice.
Denis