New Bisley Flat Top 44 special.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FieldGrade

Bearcat
Since my birthday falls on Christmas day I usually splurge and buy myself something pretty for the occasion.

This year I fell in love with the Lipsey Bisley Flat Tops so I found a good deal on GB and ordered one.

It showed up yesterday and boy does it exceed my expectations.

It shipped so fast I haven't even picked up any ammo for it but I'll grab some when I'm in town on Monday.

After it showed up I even splurged some more and ordered one of Bianchi's 1L Lawman 4.75" holsters for it in case I get the urge to take it fishing or camping next spring.

ocVlksLl.jpg

Looks right at home with my other Riger single action revolvers too.....this ones a keeper.

ytV8fidl.jpg

Mus408

Hunter
Oh boy that is a nice revolver! If you reload the .44 Special you can have some fun with that.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Very nice looking, show us a picture of the holster too when you get it!

Rclark

Hunter
Nice! I have both the 5 1/2" plow handle and the 5 1/2" bisley.... and enjoy them. You will enjoy your shorty too!

FieldGrade

Bearcat
Bear Paw Jack said:
You got a nice one for sure. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. Not sure what your plan is with it, but Buffalo Bore has some nice 44 Special that's been souped up some.

Hey CJ......I'm just a plinker when it comes to handguns so I'll shoot milder loads through it.

I ordered a 2 50's of 240gr HSM SWC's (850 fps) today.....that should be a good starting point for my needs.

Our buddy GC from over yonder recommend that load and I trust his experience.

BDM1....I'll definitely post a pic with the holster when it gets here.

TfflHndn

Bearcat
I picked up one of those a few months back. I really like it. It's dead-on accurate and feels good in the hand. I load 200 grain wadcutters (Rim Rock bullets) and it's very well-behaved. If I do my part, it does its part every time. Great gun and I'm sure you'll like it. Nice family photo too!

tom black

Blackhawk
I cut my teeth on Old Model's a long time ago an up until these little FT Bisley 44 Specials came out I really never cared for the NM's. But they've changed my mind. They are some very nice single actions. It's just a crying shame they weren't made as OM's. Can you imagine how sweet they would have been?
Tom Black

414095512.jpg

29aholic

Single-Sixer
Cool. I have one coming from Scott (not sure when, but it's coming) in a 5.5". I also have the standard FT in 5.5" as well.
I have had good luck with 700X and Trail Boss, but to be honest there's a guy that sets up at Tulsa that is a commercial reloader (techinically he uses new brass) that sells boxes of 50 for $25.00 and if I buy 5 boxes I can usually get him to go $22.00. He has them in the 250gr Keith bullet among others and saves me from having to reload.

Have you checked to see if it has a choked bore? Have you checked the throats?

Rclark

Hunter
...sells boxes of 50 for $25.00
Probably cheaper than commercial (I don't know as I reload), but still kind of expensive when you can reload for ~$20 per 100 (240g SWC loads).

All my specials simply get a steady diet of the Skeeter load (except for Bulldog).

t's just a crying shame they weren't made as OM's. Can you imagine how sweet they would have been?
I hear ya ... but we gotta live with what we have been delt and so it goes.

FieldGrade

Bearcat
BDM1 said:
Very nice looking, show us a picture of the holster too when you get it!

Here ya go....tracking said she took the scenic rout from TX to ID via AK...ha

Sorry for the fuzzy pic but my old camera's having a hard time focusing lately, (kinda like me).
eXAIcTdl.jpg

FieldGrade

Bearcat
It's snug as a bug in a rug. I have two other Bianchi holsters that have served me well but this is my favorite.

I'd definitely buy another if I was looking for a Blackhawk or any other single action revolver holster.

I signed up for one of Amazon's stupid credit cards (which I will cancel as soon as the bill comes in) so I got $20 off.

$45 shipped.....can't beat that.

My 44 Special is a stainless flat top 4-5/8". Another favorite is a 4-5/8" stainless 45 Colt blackhawk. It rides in a Simply rugged with the basket weave. It's a very nice holster as well. I tend to prefer to have the trigger guard covered, although for many, many years I've carried my 44mag SBH in a Lawman holster like that, with no problems.

FieldGrade

Bearcat
I was also kicking around the idea of the SS 4 5/8 Blackhawk 45LC 45ACP convertible (McKay Sagebrush raves about his and I value his opinion) but being a Bisley this beauty stole my heart.

All of my my other holsters cover the trigger but the hunter model just seemed right for a single action. No more than I'll carry it I think it'll be fine.