PRice check - Security Six 6" Blue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigheaddaddy

Single-Sixer
May have a chance at a Security Six, 6", Blue, with original box and shipper. Appears to be in excellent condition, the seller says less than 1 box through it. Original wood grips and another set of wood grips. What's a fair price?

hittman

Staff member
I'd pay $450 for it as described.
Have paid as much as $400 for a MINT example without any boxes or extra grips.

I am funny about stuff like this. I see that as a revolver that is out of production and from a different era of manufacturing. If I held it and inspected it carefully and did not discover any problems that would open up things. I would go even higher on my price. Where will you find a new production revolver with that level of attention to detail on the current market for $450?

Bill

daveg.inkc

Hunter
The box is worth $100.00. That adds to price. $600 is high, but it sounds like the complete package. I'm guessing the small wood panels, with Target grips? I paid $450.00 each for a 6"blue and a 2 3/4" Stainless this past year.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
If you pay $453-ish you've paid what it retailed for at birth (guessing the last models retailed @$189...

...that figure also means it hasn't appreciated at all, and we know that's not right!

These revolvers were hand-assembled n fitted. Ruger has not built guns that way in quite a long time...