Puckered up................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I've accumulated a few .45 ACP cases lately, enough to fill a 50 round box, so decided to load them up to go along with my .45 Xtra Short cartridges. Then went out to my shop and switched cylinders in my Blackhawk to the ACP cylinder. While the box of .45 ACP cartridges, I decided to load six and spin the cylinder, just to check my for any excess length or high primers. To my surprise, cylinder rotation was stiff and tight.

Well, I cleared those cartridges and ran my finger over the primers, and nothing seemed remiss. Tried another six, same results. I pulled the cylinder out and looked into the frame, and noticed a puckered up crater around the firing pin. It was very noticeable as I ran my finger over the crater.

Well, I took a stone to it and in short order had it back down smooth. Afterwards I tried another six cartridges and the cylinder spun smoothly as it should.

First time I've noticed this in a Ruger Single Action. This gun, incidentally stands at just under 11,000 rounds fired through it.

Bob Wright