Ruger with a new DA frame size

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I have seen across the web a rumor that Ruger is coming out with a New frame size ,a bit larger than a GP100 and smaller than a Redhawk , for a 6 shot 44mag , 8 shot 357mag & maybe 6 shot 41mag ?
As I said it may just be a rumor...?

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
5- or 6-shot .45 Colt , please. Due to my advanced CTS, I'd just shoot it single action only though.

gunman42782

Hunter
Buckeye! said:
I have seen across the web a rumor that Ruger is coming out with a New frame size ,a bit larger than a GP100 and smaller than a Redhawk , for a 6 shot 44mag , 8 shot 357mag & maybe 6 shot 41mag ?
As I said it may just be a rumor...?
Of course it's probably true seeing as how I just bought a Smith 629! LOL. Seriously, I hope it is true.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
A S&W 69 has been on my radar . I almost put one in layaway ... But now , even though this is only a rumor .. Im going to hold out .... Id like to have a slimmed down Redhawk in 44mag or even a slimmed down 8 shot 357 mag Redhawk .. Im in no hurry.. It will be worth the wait.

gunman42782

Hunter
I have wanted for years a Ruger Redhawk with the grip stud and internals of a Super Redhawk. But a frame size somewhere in the middle of a GP and Redhawk in .44 Mag would be awesome.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I have 3 different 4" barrel RedHawks in 41, 44 & 45Colt. The extra weight really helps soak up the recoil but carrying them in a holster is best done in a chest rig. I also have two 629 Smiths, a 5" full lug Classic and a 2-1/2" Trail Boss. The TB feels like a feather compared to the full-sized RedHawks and even the Backpacker RedHawks in .357,41 @44. BTW, when is Ruger going to make a Backpacker in 45?

I would probably buy a pile of whatever Ruger makes based on recent history :roll:

32Magfan

vulcannut

Bearcat
Any new revolver design is always welcomed but I sure wish they would come out with a 6 shot .357 similar in size to an SP101.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
vulcannut said:
Any new revolver design is always welcomed but I sure wish they would come out with a 6 shot .357 similar in size to an SP101.

Yep ... That would be fantastic !!!!

contender

Ruger Guru
It used to be that the manufacturers would all wait until the SHOT Show to announce any new models etc. Now,, we have seen many new items offered well before the show.
My thoughts are that it seems improbable to offer a different frame size between the GP-100 & the Redhawk. Not many calibers out there that would benefit from such an offering. UNLESS,,,, unless they are considering offering a revolver with a bigger capacity,, and still build it tank tough.
The first thought that comes to mind is a special one,, such as an 8 shot 9mm revolver,,, aimed at the competitive market.
But,, we are mere consumers,, and we have to await any announcements to be made by them.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I just watched a 4 part review of the National Wholesalers show on GunBlast. Lots of new stuff was shown, but not a mention of a single Ruger product. The closer we get to the SHOT show, the more likely we'll see new items. Last year the PCC was leaked before the show and sales took off. Now every dealer has them in stock, and Academy was selling them on Friday for less than dealer cost. I had hoped to see a GP-100 or flat top Blackhawk in 41 Magnum before I die. Perhaps this is a step in that direction. Charter Arms has their Pitbull out in 41 Magnum now, a 5 shot, but a handful of power. Bob!! :)

DPris

Buckeye
Ruger wouldn't create any new frame just to go through the custom shop.
And in recent years Ruger's moved away from saving anything for SHOT, they release as things come together in production during the year.
Typically nowdays what they have at their booth is largely stuff that's already been out.
Denis

badge851

Single-Sixer
rangerbob said:
I just watched a 4 part review of the National Wholesalers show on GunBlast. Lots of new stuff was shown, but not a mention of a single Ruger product. The closer we get to the SHOT show, the more likely we'll see new items. Last year the PCC was leaked before the show and sales took off. Now every dealer has them in stock, and Academy was selling them on Friday for less than dealer cost. I had hoped to see a GP-100 or flat top Blackhawk in 41 Magnum before I die. Perhaps this is a step in that direction. Charter Arms has their Pitbull out in 41 Magnum now, a 5 shot, but a handful of power. Bob!! :)
I too would love to see a GP-100 5 shot in 41 and 44 Magnum. I'd jump on that quicker than a hobo on a ham sandwich!

I have been asking Charter and Ruger for a lighter weight .44. Maggie for decades. Charter comes up with a .41 mag first? On checking CA website and using the search function, I am unable to come up with a 41 mag. :wink:
gramps

rangerbob

Buckeye
Gramps, the 41 Magnum is Charter sku 74120. Sports South had 3 when last I looked, but show to be out of them now. The do have 6 of the same gun in 45 Colt, sku 74530. Talk about a fight stopper. Bob!! :D

deac45

Single-Sixer
Could this be the much hoped for mating of a Redhawk and a GP? 6 shot 44 Mag with a 5" barrel would be my wish.

Deac45