Cool serial numbers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joe S.

Hunter
I've never really been a number guy, but the other day I stumbled across a Single Six that had a 4 digit serial number (besides the prefix) that caught my eye. The first two numbers are the year I was born. The next two numbers are the year my only daughter was born. Intrigued, I started messaging the seller and trying to work out logistics. He lives about 3 hours away from me, so I had to make sure the seller didn't mind working with me on pick up. While we were talking, I logged on to Ruger's website to try and get an idea of when the gun was made. According to the site, and later confirmed by a friend here on the forum, it was made in the year my wife was born!!! Well that did it! I knew that gun was coming home. I have sent off payment and he is agreeable to what we worked out as far as pick up goes, so it looks like I will be making a road trip soon.

Here is a pic he provided in the ad. It seems really nice!

For you numbers guys, what serial numbers do you have that are interesting?

For my 40th birthday I had a Cooper Custom made for me. A left handed 220 Swift. I special ordered it with a customs serial number, it's my wife's and my initials and our wedding date. You could specify up to 9 digits, so I used them all.

The only thing I'm really disappointed in with the rifle, which is incredibly accurate, is they abbreviated 220 Swift as "220 SW." It just looks really odd. I think Smith and Wesson, not Swift. Not that this is related to the serial number or anything.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I'm not into numerology but I do like the quirk of serial numbers and such that "add" up.

I have a Mitch Rosen holster from Ruger for the LCR that has numbers stamped on the back 40298.

402 is my lifelong Area Code. 98 was my graduation year.

Doc4429

Single-Sixer
7777 :D

Bill

orig.jpg

Eliminator

Bearcat
For the most part, I do not pay attention to serial numbers unless they are very early or very late in a production run of a particular item. However, a few years ago when I was looking for a 4 5/8" flat top .44 special Blackhawk, I bought a new "run-of-the-mill" example because the number "2" was repeated so many times. The serial number is 520-22222. A silly reason to purchase really, though it is one of my very favorite shooters!

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
I have several cool serial number guns. One that comes to mind first is a mahogany c as sed Super Blackhawk serial number 1959. That year was when the Super Blackhawk was introduced and happens to be the year I was born.

Latest posts