What is the correct procedure to ship a revolver to Ruger?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I just bought an Old Model Single Six. Upon getting it, I find that it is still unconverted, but it won't cock or turn the cylinder. The ejector shroud and its works are missing. Basically, I got reamed. How do I send it back to Ruger? Do I contact them first? Do I send it through an FFL? I've never returned one for repair before. It looks like it needs a lot; definitely not as described in the local ad. Thanks.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Contact Ruger for details. They will do the "New Model" conversion at no cost but will probably charge for the other needed repairs. You can ship it directly to them via Fed EX or UPS overnight air. You cannot ship it yourself via the Post Office. An FFL can ship it via the Post Office at much lower shipping cost but may charge enough for their service to make DIY shipping attractive. It is possible that Ruger will send you a prepaid mailing label since they want the gun back to do the conversion. Ask.

Have you contacted the seller to try to get either a refund or some cost concessions for the misleading description?

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Call Ruger, get a RMA. They will send you a box. I have used this box to ship Fed-Ex. I bet Ruger fixes the ER cover free. They have done that for me.

Joe S.

Hunter
They will cover the shipping to and from you when a safety conversion is involved. They will evaluate the gun when they get it to see if it is safe to repair. If it is, they will do the safety conversion and probably the other repairs and likely not charge you. If they deem it unsafe, they will contact you and probably offer you a comparable new gun at a discount. If you decline the new gun at a discount, they will ship the gun back to you with no repairs (except maybe the safety conversion) made and a letter stating they feel the gun is unsafe.

Thanks, guys. I did contact the seller asking if he had the other parts, but he said it was an "as-is" deal. Funny- I didn't know that when I agreed to buy it from his local ad. The cylinder was out when I got it and the pistol cocked fine. Once I got home and installed the cylinder, it is so tight it will barely half-cock. I'm sorry to say that I was so happy to find a 5.5" barrel (and it was dark when he got off work and met me) that I didn't notice the shroud assembly missing. I will contact Ruger and see what they want me to do. Thank you all again. I really appreciate the return info! It's just a shooter grade (if it ever shoots again) but that is fine with me. I Like my 6.5" barrel OM Single Six but I really wanted a little shorter barrel.

rob-c

Single-Sixer
I just sent my lcr in for minor repairs . So call ruger they will give u a rma number and buy a fedex shipping label from ruger, I think it was $30. Way cheaper than than ups, they wanted like 100$ because they have to do overnight shipping.

Latest posts