Fiber optic sights for a NMBH 45colt/ 45acp

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hdrk1111

Bearcat
Hey guys,
So,my old eyes are struggling with the black front sight on my newly acquired NMBH . My buddy bought the NMBH in .357 and he ordered a Williams front sight, however I can nor find a fiber optic option for mine in 45. Anybody know if some body out there makes one to work with the stock rear.

Thanks,
Bob

contender

Ruger Guru
If you have a stainless Blackhawk,, then the front blade can be replaced with a different blade that have a fiber optic. I know Hi-Viz makes some. Have you looked at their selection?

hdrk1111

Bearcat
No sir, mine is blue. There does not seem to be a replacement fiber optic out there and these black sights make it terribly hard to see the bull. Perhaps I should hunt for some white targets.

Rclark

Hunter
White paper plates work good and a black marker pen to make a quarter size bullseye in the center. Cheap too.

contender

Ruger Guru
The blued guns have the front sight silver soldered on. NOT easily replaced w/o rebluing the gun. The only non-bluing method would be to have the front sight blade milled off, a dovetail cut in the base, and insert a fiber optic front blade.

Many folks just opt for using a fingernail polish painting of the serrations on the front sight. Orange, lime green, are among the favorites. Cheap, easy to do, doesn't change the gun, and if it chips off,,, repaint & keep going. I have some on several of my blued guns.

ptypegreen

Single-Sixer
I too am having a difficult time seeing the sights as age takes its toll. I found a Hi-Viz sight for SS Blackhawks for my blued .357 & blued .44 SBH that was the correct height. I then milled off the front sight blade from both and put an appropriate dovetail in the sight base. Also put a Williams rear fiber optic on both. Fiber optics do not solve all age related sight problems but they have helped a lot.