Cut down a tree today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
It was a small tree, about 3" diameter. Took 3 shots of Underwood 210 gr XTP out of my NMBH .41 mag from about 10 yds. I ain't as good as I once was. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2XdsMU3jlU

I did that before. Friend of mine and I borrowed my father in laws (now ex) nice canvas tent. We were sitting around bragging about shooting and the challenge was thrown down to hit a knot in a tree. It was hit several times probably 4-5" diameter, and it wasn't long before it was falling and almost hit the canvas tent. I think we were using 357 magnums on that one. We got off lucky on that one. He didn't care for me to begin with but that would have convinced him he was right. :D :D

Coyote Hunter

Single-Sixer
Dad, youngest brother and I were out shooting in the forest one day. At one point we used the base of a tree limb as an aim point. A few shots with our rifles and the top 15-20 feet of a pine came tumbling down.

(Note: the tree was slightly below us with a hil in the background. We were not shooting the sky.)

ProfessorWes said:
skeeter said:
I thought every heterosexual man alive loved chainsawing. I know I do.

I'm not sure "love" is the right word for an activity that can rip your face off or amputate a limb if the tool kicks back on you . . . :wink:
Yep, sex has nothing to do with it. I know women that love the noise and smell of freshly cut wood also. Just like shooting, noise, power etc :)
gramps

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
I have used a shotgun to do some pruning work on out-of-reach limbs a few times. My daughters thought it was the most redneck thing they'd ever seen or heard of - until I showed them my new redneck "Yeti" cooler the other day - one of those heavy styrofoam ices chests covered with duct tape. They said that out-rednecked the shotgun limb trimming.