Price check early 4 digit Blackhawk 357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XP100

Blackhawk
Thinking about selling my 1st year Flat top 4&5/8" 357 blackhawk. Serial # 1330. I am second owner. It was carried every year in Upstate NY by original purchaser during deer & bear season until he passed. Blue wear from holster, not shot a lot has original grips. Not converted. I can get pictures, can't figure out how to put them on here. Thanks for any input.

contender

Ruger Guru
Condition is paramount in grading a gun for sale like that. We'd need GOOD pics,, up close & showing details.

To post pics,, you have to use a 3rd party like Imgur or Picture Trail to put pictures on first,, and then use that place to share them here.

That gun shows up on Bob's List right in the middle of a bunch of similar guns shipped in December of 1955.

That's a Type 1 gun and RENE Price Guide has them at $1150 in "pristine" condition.

As contender says, pics would sure be nice.

:mrgreen:

XP100

Blackhawk
Thanks. I may have some time tomorrow to figure out how to get pictures posted here.

contender

Ruger Guru
Bob's list.
Wow,, where to begin.
An esteemed member here,, a LONG time ruger collector, who's main focus was on the OM 357's. Someone who helped too many folks to count to understand Rugers,, who promoted Ruger collecting & passed along a love of the shooting sports & all that it stands for in so many.
Notably, a STRONG ally in his daughter,, (frustrated middle child) who is a FIGHTER for all of us. She has her own radio show,, (going National too) about the shooting sports, promoting more & more about ladies in the shooting sports etc.
Basically while "Pop" as many of us knew him as,, Bob Campbell was a true champion of Ruger OM 357's. He developed a "list" of as many of the OM 357's as he could,, and especially when they had anything special about them. His list lives on,, and is being maintained. Ale-8(1) is maintaining the list.
This list will live on as a method of verifying much of the history of the OM 357's.

If you happen to own an OM 357,, a private message about the gun can get it's info on the list,, and as such,, help preserve the history of them.

LOBO2

Bearcat
Thank you so much for the response. Is the list for three screws, three screw flat-tops, or both? Thank you.

LOBO2

Bearcat
I have one 3 screw .45 colt, two 3 screw .357 mags, and one 3 screw flat-top .357 mag. I'd be happy to share the info if it would help. Is the list "open" for viewing?

Just helped another member who has an early .357 Flattop with a feature unusual to its serial number date.

The List is merely a record of what Bob saw over the years or had reported to him. He started it when he began to see guns whose features changed upon repeated viewing/reporting. ;-) ;-) ;-)

The only information included in The List is the serial number, the "type" as defined by date and features, and the barrel length. This latter feature can on occasion make for interesting speculation about a gun's history, as do a couple of the other type-defining features, and adds interest to the whole thing. We also try to note any really unusual details if possible. We DO NOT keep any record of the gun's owner.

I continue to add guns as they are reported to me or I spot them myself. We have never claimed that each and every gun on The List is a 100% accurate description because there are so many things that can be "parts-swapped" over the years. The biggest benefit from The List is that it provides a pretty accurate "window" onto what Ruger was shipping at any given time. I will always answer any question I can based on what The List shows. If I am given the serial number and description I will add the gun to The List. Yes, this allows for bogus reporting, But I have to trust our members here to be honest with me, while admitting that no individual gun can be assumed to be "genuine/as-shipped".

The List is not "open" for viewing, nor will I provide a copy of the file. This is the only way I am comfortable with maintaining The List, and Bob agreed with me when I made this a stipulation for my participation in the project. We currently have over 3000 guns registered, from the first Flattops of 1956 to the "prefix" guns of 1973.