Ruger Bisley Brass Grip Frame in 500L

Help Support Ruger Forum:

badubet

Bearcat

I finally took delivery of my brass grip frame Bisley this afternoon in 500L. Spent the morning shooting big bores near Cody, WY at Heart Mountain Gun Club and then met John at the Irma Hotel for lunch and finally got her in my hands. 5.5" banded barrel with semi-partridge front sight with 2 gold bars. Brass grip frame with English walnut grip in 500 Linebaugh with #5 base pin. I believe the wait was worth it.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
I would say that the wait was definitely worth it! The colors go together really well, especially with those great looking grips. I bet those two gold bars on the front site work really well. All in all, a very class act!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
John's work is just flawless. And he's the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet as well.

That's a superb handgun, congrats!

What's the back story on the brass frame; is that something John has cast for his project guns? Or is that something you picked and he made it happen?

John as a model to cast the brass bisley grip frames. I believe any more he reserves them for his top of the line custom jobs. Occasionally you will find one on the open market. I had one I sent to John along with a 475 I have that he made and he fit the grip frame and made the grips. There is one more of them hiding in the parts box along with a set of Clements old model bisley internals for a special build down the road.

badubet

Bearcat
Hunter is correct. I looked for years for an acceptable brass gripframe. I found none to be had. They are already on guns or hiding in safes. John has a few for his 'super grade' gun conversions. I guess this will become my BBQ gun.

badubet

Bearcat
princeout said:
Chris,
That revolver really turned out nice! Enjoy it!
Tim

Tim,
Thanks. I shot the Max this weekend and it is a bruiser. It hits what you point it at and hits back at the shooter. I love it.

mike454

Single-Sixer
Robb Barnes said:
Come on Mike454 you have to show it!
You know it doesn't take too much prodding Robb! This one has a barrel a touch over 5" with full length ejector rod that gives full extraction on empth cases
dFnqf5xh.jpg