Redhawk 5.5" Holster Options ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DonFDavis

Bearcat
Have a 5.5" Redhawk and would like a holster for cross-draw woods carry. My ideal holster is the Bianchi 111 Cyclone, but they don't make one for the 5.5".

Does anyone know of a similar holster from another manufacturer ?

thanks

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
There are many, many good holster makers that can make pretty much anything you want. I would start with simplyrugged.com. He shows a half dozen models for the 5.5" Redhawk, probably half of them can be used cross draw.

LMLarsen

Bearcat
El Paso Saddlery offers several options as well. I have their Tom Threepersons Crossdraw for my 6" GP100, and their Tanker shoulder/chest rig for my 5.5" Redhawk.

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
I had one made that is a "copy" of the 111, but I think I like the Galco DAO better. It is the only holster I've used for my 5 1/2" Redhawk that is comfortable on a pants belt. Can be worn cross draw or strong side.

Dan

DonFDavis

Bearcat
Thanks for the input guys. I generally like Galco products - and the DAO can be had for $70 shipped from Midway right now. I am just unsure if I would like the snap in the position they have it - the Bianchi is thumb operated as you draw - one motion, but the Galco looks like it would taek two distinct actions - unsnap with fingers, then grab gun and draw..

I've neve had a Simply Rugged holster but I hear people praise them all the time. I generally prefer something with a little molding, rather than a simple pocket (which is how they look to me).

I'll take a look at El Paso and see how I can do there.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
Simply Rugged holsters are definitely well molded. Retention is outstanding even with no strap/flap. Just sayin'...

DonFDavis

Bearcat
Looks like a choice between Galco and Simply Rugged right now. Seems to be a gap in the market with this 5.5" model

98Redline

Blackhawk
I have one of the Simply Rugged Sourdoughs for my 5.5" Redhawk.
You really can't go wrong with this holster. As mentioned, great retention, even without a strap, and very well made.

427mach1

Blackhawk
Another vote for Simply Rugged. I've got one that I use for my 5.5" Redhawk 41 mag. It works very well and should last forever.