New to Me~ Security Six .357 Shorty

Help Support Ruger Forum:

On May 27th I saw this Ruger Security Six for sale on GB and decided to bid on it. I made the winning bid on this sweet little 1975 Ruger Security Six revolver with 2 3/4" barrel chambered in .357 magnum. It is in over all very good condition. The grips are in great shape with no chips, cracks or scratches. The metal finish is rated very good with near 100% coverage. There is a very slight evidence of holster wear in the muzzle. There is a clear turn line on the cylinder. The bore is described as mint. The original box and manual come with the gun. I presently own a nice Security Six stainless with a 4 inch barrel, but I have always wanted a blued Security Six "shorty". It will ship out to me tomorrow by priority mail so hopefully it will arrive at my FFL on Tuesday or Wednesday. Bear Paw Jack's post "Is the .357 Magnum obsolete?", renewed my interest in this great caliber. I will add this nice shorty to my collection of Ruger double action and single action revolvers as well as my Marlin .357 carbine.
6/14/18
I picked up my Ruger Security Six shorty today. It looks pretty good.

413936542.jpg

Yep, great gun you got there. :mrgreen:

You'll find it's capable of shooting as well or better than many larger and longer barreled revolvers.

Heliman and I on more than one occasion have shot these from 50 yards, and have been truly amazed at the accuracy potential of what many would consider a belly gun.

WAYNO.

hittman

Staff member
To me ..... the absolute best double action ever made!

Careful; they're addictive.

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
Beautiful. I had one a number or years ago. A good shooter. More comfortable than the 2.5" M. 19.
Sold, it. Of course. Took me a while to learn.