Target Gray Rings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

375hh1973

Single-Sixer
Had a day off and made the tour of local gun shops, which is always dangerous...

There is a helluva deal on a Super Redhawk 9.5" barrel in .480 nearby. It looks brand new. Even has the Hogue rubber finger groove grips I like. Only thing is there are no scope rings. I have always been intrigued by this caliber and as I am an avid handgun hunter I want to get it. I scope all my hunting handguns and would do the same to this one.

Does anyone know if the Target Gray rings are available anywhere?

Thanks

dleong

Bearcat
Apparently, Ruger sells the rings: Scope Rings

Click the "Family" drop-down and select "Super Redhawk Revolvers", then click the "Model" drop-down and select ".480 Ruger". The front and rear rings are sold separately in various sizes, and are finished in "Target Grey Stainless". Be warned: they're not cheap!

contender

Ruger Guru
And you could put a WTB ad in our Classifieds here.

Also,, make the loss of the rings a way to negotiate a reduced price on the gun! (Take in Ruger's info on the cost of a set.)

Option C: I you use a black matte finish scope, I think that matte finish rings would look fine.

My tastes in scope finish have changed over the years. I now put matte black scopes on everything: blued, stainless, and matte guns.

I remember when the Target Gray finish came out. At the time, I pictured finish-matching issues...

Final thought: it might be a good investment to pick up some Target Gray rings now, when you can. Either new from Ruger, or keep looking for a used set here on the board. Even if you never use them, they'll make a more complete package, if you sell the revolver down the road.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
My experience as well... If you have the serial # (they will likely ask) they will match the finish if they have them available.

s4s4u

Hunter
Uncle Howie said:
Option C: I you use a black matte finish scope, I think that matte finish rings would look fine.

My tastes in scope finish have changed over the years. I now put matte black scopes on everything: blued, stainless, and matte guns.

I remember when the Target Gray finish came out. At the time, I pictured finish-matching issues...

Final thought: it might be a good investment to pick up some Target Gray rings now, when you can. Either new from Ruger, or keep looking for a used set here on the board. Even if you never use them, they'll make a more complete package, if you sell the revolver down the road.

I agree wholeheartedly and did the same with my SRH. You aren't going to find a target gray scope to match your rings, but black scope on gray gun with black rings looks real nice.