GP-100 Quality Control Issues

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Just picked up two GP-100 2-1/2 fixed sights. #1 came with a tool mark on top of the barrel, dirty as hell and broken grip inserts. #2 came with a bad polish job where they took a gouge out of the side of the barrel. What happen to QC?

GKC

Blackhawk
Not trying to be a smart aleck, but did you buy them new? Used? Didn't you get a chance to look them over before accepting them?

lfpiii

Blackhawk
GKC said:
Not trying to be a smart aleck, but did you buy them new? Used? Didn't you get a chance to look them over before accepting them?

The problem in my area is that there are no dealers that carry revolvers. The few dealers left only sell plastic gun, I had to order from Buds. I will be sending them back to Ruger.

GKC

Blackhawk
lfpiii said:
The problem in my area is that there are no dealers that carry revolvers. The few dealers left only sell plastic gun, I had to order from Buds. I will be sending them back to Ruger.

You may want to talk to both Ruger and Bud's first, to see who has to deal with it. It sounds like Bud's sold you used guns...I don't know if Ruger will fix these cosmetic issues, and may require that Bud's address them. Anyway, I hope you get them corrected...it's frustrating to have problems (even cosmetic) with a new gun!

Mus408

Hunter
When your FFL receives the guns you get to look them over before accepting. If you don't like you can refuse the delivery and they get shipped back.

s4s4u

Hunter
lfpiii said:
GKC said:

This is a bit old of a thread. Wonder what the outcome was.

woodsy

Blackhawk
s4s4u said:
lfpiii said:
GKC said:

This is a bit old of a thread. Wonder what the outcome was.
Same here.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Suspect the defects came from used guns or show demos, sold as new by a dealer who has history of that behaviour.

I also suspect embarrassment as a reason we don't have follow-up from the op? Come on, Ifpiii, give us some pics!!!

There IS a difference between quality control, quality assurance, and ROI (reliance on operator inspection), which is what Ruger employs. Information is important.