Source of fairly priced moon clips for sp101 in 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jack76590

Bearcat
I have an sp101 chambered in 9mm on order. I gather comes with three moon clips. Question is there a place I can purchase additional moon clips at decent price? I consider ruger store price of $15 plus postage for a three pack very over priced. Is there an after market alternative out there? I saw one called ranch but reviews said it did not work well as too thick. Any help appreciated.

contender

Ruger Guru
I own one of those critters. I have "gathered" the 1/2 moons in many odd places over the years. But good moon clips are not cheap for oddball guns. About the only "cheaper" ones are for the 45 acp guns.
I have some Ranch products in some of my moon clip guns & have never had any issues.

Mus408

Hunter
Question...are the moon clips needed to chamber and set headspace for the round or are they just for a quick reload?

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
The 9mm cartridges will chamber without moon clips but ejecting is another story. Got a pencil??

These are even more expensive. https://www.tkcustom.com/products/moonclips/ruger-sp-101x5-9mm-032-ss

The Ruger clips don't seem that far out of line. I think you are going to have to bite the bullet. :D :D

Latest posts