Revolver Break In

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sjs

Single-Sixer
Is it true that with use a revolver with develop a smoother trigger and action?

sjs

Single-Sixer
Well then, I guess one should wait until break in is over before spending money on an action and trigger job.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
It takes time, a bad trigger won't improve by itself in your lifetime. Go ahead with that action job, parts are hardened and the action job will outlast you.

Bob right

...... a little bit of oil helps too, aside from the fact that in time your finger will get stronger,,,,big difference in deburring, versus "building in wear"......time and use is your friend, as they say "practice, practice, practice..." AND you will become a better shot !!! 8) :roll: :wink:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Dry fire it enough and your trigger finger will gain strength making the trigger
Pull seem easier. You can gain the same results with a rubber ball or a cloths pin,and it is easier on the gun.

pisgah

Buckeye
If you have the money for the trigger job and it's burning a hole in your pocket, of course you can go ahead and get it done. But a couple of cautions -- be sure it's someone who knows Rugers and how to do the work. And be aware that even if the gunsmith knows what he's doing you may not see a whole lot of improvement unless the trigger's really lousy now. Most of the Redhawks I've known have had the understandable "big revolver" feel about the action, which some folks have a hard time dealing with, and which an action job really won't cure -- but overall they've been pretty smooth-shooting.

Rclark

Hunter
It may get smoother with use (lots of use) ... but it will still have creep and the trigger pull will never be 'less'. So I would get the trigger job. That is, make sure it functions and is accurate enough for your use first! There is no substitute for a good trigger job. I am not a dry fire advocate either ... That's just me. Nothing like a creepless 2-3# trigger and a butter like action.