??? Single Six/Seven .327 Fed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
No, not that I've heard. And I doubt they ever will. The seven shot design adds strength to the cyl and Ruger knows that due to the reputation of their firearms of being built overly strong, they guns will be pushed to the limits. An odd number chambered cyl places the weak point of the cyl notches between the chambers instead of directly over them.

I also wanted a 6 shot with traditional flutes in 327. It can be accomplished very simply by reaming 32 Mag chambered cyls/guns 1/8" longer to 327. Or by use of of a custom 6 shot cyl in a Single 7. Or swapping a 32 Mag cyl reamed to 327 into a Single 7.

2sheriffs

Single-Sixer
The reason for the 7 shot cylinder is they lock between the chambers. A 6 shot locks over the chamber and that weakens the cylinder. Same as why they use 5 shot cylinders in big high pressure cartridges.
Ron

DakotaElkSlayer

Bearcat
2sheriffs said:
The reason for the 7 shot cylinder is they lock between the chambers. A 6 shot locks over the chamber and that weakens the cylinder. Same as why they use 5 shot cylinders in big high pressure cartridges.
Ron
Why the six shot .327 in the SP101? Cylinder size difference?

Jim