Grip panels on '67 Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigskyguy

Single-Sixer
I recently came into possession of a '67 Blackhawk in 41 Mag. I am wondering what grip panels would be correct for it...?

The grips on it now are the black background with the silver eagle that has the "SR" in the body of the eagle.

I don't think that they are correct, but I'm just not sure.

Thx,
Todd

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Somewhere along the line they got switched. Also, believe 67 was the only year for the black eagles to have neck feathers. It's a problem still seen but not as often as in the past. The black eagle grips are worth a little more than the silver eagle grips so some people will switch them around and then sell the black eagle for a few extra dollars. always thought it was kinda cheap. Of course, we're not seeing near as many of the older grips, black OR silver eagle on the market as in days past. JMHO! edit to say: congrats on the Old Model 41 Mag Blackhawk. Got one a few years ago from a Forum member.

bigskyguy

Single-Sixer
Thank you Sir.

I didn't think they were correct, but just wasn't sure.

I think I have a correct pair, but I'm planning on putting stags on it anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter too much.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

Todd

contender

Ruger Guru
The above info is correct, the grips should have a recessed eagle, WITH neck feathers, and painted black. The raised portion should be silver. Neck feather grips are harder to find.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Never have seen a .41.

Here's my 1968 BH .357....

61_AAD464_6126_4077_B9_BA_BDC147_C81_F60.jpg

bigskyguy

Single-Sixer
contender said:
The above info is correct, the grips should have a recessed eagle, WITH neck feathers, and painted black. The raised portion should be silver. Neck feather grips are harder to find.

I've got a set of those in my "Take off" drawer.

I'm looking for a nice set of stags for it right now if anyone has a pair they want to let go of.

I'm more partial to the smooth type with a little bark than the full bark ones. Anyway, thanks all!

Todd