Who to go to for custom grips for my 3" Speed Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm picking up a lightly gone over 3" Speed Six for concealed carry and home defense. This is my first Ruger Speed Six and I want to replace the Pachmayr rubber grips with good wood grips. With all of my S&W DA revolvers I go to Craig Spegel, but checking his website today I see no reference to him making grips for Ruger revolvers.

Who should I go to for custom grips comparable to Spegels in fit, finish and design?

Keith

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
keith.herrington said:
I'm picking up a lightly gone over 3" Speed Six for concealed carry and home defense. This is my first Ruger Speed Six and I want to replace the Pachmayr rubber grips with good wood grips. With all of my S&W DA revolvers I go to Craig Spegel, but checking his website today I see no reference to him making grips for Ruger revolvers.

Who should I go to for custom grips comparable to Spegels in fit, finish and design?

Keith
I liked the shape of the Pachmayr grips that were on my Speed Six when I bought it, but I wanted wood as well.
What worked for me was keeping an eye on some auction sites until a set of Herretts Shooting Stars for the Speed Six became available. Once I had them in hand, I just worked the wood until I had a profile similar to the Pachmayr grips. I've been well pleased with them:
6pbyuv.jpg

Regards,
Greg

hittman

Staff member
gb6491 said:
Herretts Shooting Stars

Check with our member here using the name happy. I've seen him sell these before. I've bought stuff from him here too with good results.

gb6491 said:
keith.herrington said:

Keith
I liked the shape of the Pachmayr grips that were on my Speed Six when I bought it, but I wanted wood as well.
What worked for me was keeping an eye on some auction sites until a set of Herretts Shooting Stars for the Speed Six became available. Once I had them in hand, I just worked the wood until I had a profile similar to the Pachmayr grips. I've been well pleased with them:
6pbyuv.jpg

Regards,
Greg

GB6491, you really did a good job on the grips. If you decide to do another pair I might be interested. They do look like the Pachmayr grips