Value of Old Model Vaquero and Colt SSA revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cnjcomp

Bearcat
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and have come across a NIB Old model Vaquero Blue/CC 44 MAG New in the box
serial no is in the 55-9xxxx range. Person also has a NIB Colt SSA 44.40 5" blue/cc for sale. What are they worth???

cnjcomp

Bearcat
Thanks for the reply. Forgot to mention that the 44 mag is a 71/2 barrel. Will that make a difference?

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Bear Paw Jack said:
Yes, it hurts the price. Longer the barrel, the less value. Even with that prices are very regional. On the 44 Mag I'd say $450-$550, but at the high end you will wait longer to sell it.
True. One of the bargains on Gun Broker is the Super Blackhawks, .44 Mag., 7.5" barrel. Look at the 5.5" barrel Old Army. They bring a grand!

Rclark

Hunter
Yes, apples and oranges. the Ruger Old Army 5.5 fixed sighted revolver is 'rare'. The 7.5" Old Army is way more common. Can't compare prices with the Vaquero.

Since in Vaquero land, there are more 5 1/2 and 4 5/8 barreled revolvers, the 7.5" might be valued more.

That said, if one indeed ran into an Old Model Vaquero, that would be very rare as there was none manufactured to my knowledge ;) . The original Vaquero and New Vaquero are both New Models (not pre-73", two pin with transfer bar). FWIW, .44Mag will always be found on the large frame regardless.

street

Hunter
I f there are no Old Model Vaqueros why did you spend so much time explaining the the difference ?

bogus bill

Hunter
The colt should be either 4 3/4" or 5 1/2". Not 5"s unless sawed. All colt lovers do have their favorite. Usually the 4 3/4" is a little more sought after everything else being equal.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
I'm an accumulator of original Vaqueros in 44mag (not really a collector, as that would imply some kind of organization), I've "accumulated" over a dozen pairs. The 5.5" is the most sought after length. 7.5" will bring $50-100 less than the 5.5's.

Rclark

Hunter
If there are no Old Model Vaqueros why did you spend so much time explaining the the difference ?
:) LOL, well, because the OP is new and may not know about Old Models and New Models. You know Ruger lore and all. Lots of nuances when talking about Rugers, so why not get off on the right foot and start the education? I'd sure like to have an Old Model Vaquero if there was one.... Alas, we have to settle for a Colt or Uberti... Unless going custom.

street

Hunter
412175973.jpg

Coop

Blackhawk
HOLY POOP!!!

I never knew these ever existed. I am stunned.

No No No - it's photoshopped, YES???

Must be. Fess UP.

And Bisley hammers, too. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO