Early Low Number Stainless Ruger Old Army, Unfired. Value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DougGuy

Single-Sixer
I stumbled onto a stainless unfired ROA which was one of the very first stainless ones made, any approximate value for this? I am assuming it has the box and papers.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
There are new fixed sights, both barrels 5.5. 7.5. For $850? $900? That new, in box same, I would say. $800 & up. Those new Old Army's listed here are selling fast

k22fan

Blackhawk
An early stainless Old Army would be a 7.5" adjustable sighted revolver. Before Old Armys were discontinued fixed sighted ones were only made in small numbers. Due to their scarcity they became much more valuable than regular adjustable sighted 7.5" Old Armys. New production are fixed sighted to capitalize on the value of older fixed sighed ROAs. Consequently new production ROAs are not a good comparison to use for the value of an early ROA.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Here is the thing. Old Army's are no longer made. I have paid 550.00 for a 1976 edtion blue. A used one will bring 5 to 7 hundred on GB. This new, unfired SS, with box is worth 750.00 to 850.00 easy. Would be that much if I had it

contender

Ruger Guru
If it's a very low number,, such as a 2 digit or a 3 digit,, it can have additional value. If the condition is LNIB,, you definitely need the box & papers & all. I have a 2 digit Stainless ROA that I'd NOT sell for $1000. (Others might take that for one,,, but not me.) Mine only has 2 digits,,, & NO prefix in the serial number.

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
I have both the blued and stainless in serial number 22 one of the number 22's still has the shipper addressed to Skeeter. Also have both blued and stainless in serial number 70. The best looking one I have is 132 with a flattop front sight with the most beautiful plum colored cylinder and hardware. As to value (priceless)