Super Blackhawk 44 Mag 4 5/8 SS un-fluted cylinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stopped by a local shop and saw this used SBH on the shelf. It yelled at me as I passed so I asked to see it. Looks like it has not been fired much. Like the look of the cylinder and the general feel. Thinking it would be fun to load some slow rounds and plink with it. It just looks cool. $550. What do you think?

Bill

I own a couple of these. It is a very usable compromise for a barrel length. And I don't think $550 is far from a realistic price. New ones are in the $620-ish range. The places that list them cheaper are out of stock, so they can ask any price they want if they don't have them.

Psb1911

Single-Sixer
I carry it's blued twin alot! Tackdriver with 10 grains of Unique and Elmer's projectile!

CraigC

Hawkeye
I'd try to get it for $500 or less. Can order a new one for $600. Converted mine to Bisley and then later an oversized six shot cylinder and octagon barrel.

IMG_9352b.jpg

Good advice.

WAYNO,
I think those are identical. Might head down there and make an offer.

CraigC,
that is just beautiful. I am partial to Bisley frames. I had a SBH Hunter Bisley a few years back and liked the grip a lot. The thought of buying this local gun and shooting it with the possibility of converting is interesting.

Now, I did see the new SBH Bisley with the 3 3/4 in barrel. I like the looks but have not held one. For plinking that might be all I need. Looks stubby.

Bill

Buckeye Bill said:
Good advice.

WAYNO,
I think those are identical. Might head down there and make an offer.

Now, I did see the new SBH Bisley with the 3 3/4 in barrel. I like the looks but have not held one. For plinking that might be all I need. Looks stubby.

Bill

They are identical, other than being years apart. The first one has the billboard on the side where it's offensive, but has nicer grips.

I also have the 3-3/4" model, (not Bisley). Although there's not much difference shooting either barrel length, the 3-3/4" is very pleasurable to carry. I've de-horned the grip slightly, as well.

I like the 4-5/8" barrel SBH 44. BUT, I have one in 5-1/2" and one in 3-3/4". Now it would seem that that I'm really covered in that range. BUT, if I ran into one, for a reasonable price, that's clean, I'll be hard pressed not to pick it up. Then I will have 3 with unfluted cylinders. Nice round number.

KyScott

Bearcat
CraigC that is one nice looking rig buddy! Are those bone grips or just light colored wood?
Dakota1911 I just bought that identical convertible Bisley. Can't wait to shoot it.